Adding a side dish for 129

markaardvark

Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Hi -

I've been a dish customer about 10 years now, so I have some spare legacy dishes. With my 622 / dish1000 the signal on 129 (as everyone knows) is pretty low. I'm getting some cases where the picture stutters (almost strobe like) while the audio stays in sync. I'm guessing that it might be 129.

I've got a DP44 with the 1000 pointed at 110/119/129. I also have a second dish300 pointed at 148 that used to get the SF Bay locals, but there's really not much point keeping it since they moved them long ago.

I've got a big legacy Dish that if I recall correctly is 26 or 28".

It's been a while since I've set up a dish myself. All the LNBF's are DishPros. I've got an old cheap analog strength meter.

Can I use my old legacy 26/28" Big Dish to point at 129 - it does not have a skew adjustment?

Can my cheap signal strength meter be used between the DP44 and the DishPro LNBF (I only ever used this between my 4000 and legacy LNBFs)?

How do I find the Az / elevation for a non-skew dish?

I'd appreciate any pointers folks may have.

Cheers - Mark

all dishes the same there is no such thing as legacy dish. so yes it should work.

that meter is going to work just fine

you don't need a skew on single pointing dishes

go to menu 6-1-1 enter zip code then go to skew and angles live the setting on dish 300 and high light 129 it should give you the azimuth. remember you need to disconnect a feed of of 129 on dish 1000. because switch wont reed 2 feeds at the same times of same satellite

You will need a DishPro Dual LNB on that dish though to work with the DPP44.

That helps - unfortunately the 622 and 510 won't show the Az / Elevation. I found a web page that states for my zip (95032) I should be pointed at 177.2 / 46.2 - but also lists a skew....?...

Wish I could rent a BirdDog for a couple of weeks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)