Adding a super joey with 2 HWS???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Then there was the option of Recording to an external device om yjr 722, which people kept thinking that you could record directly to your ehd. Every so often, someone would "discover" this feature, me included. Only to find out it was to record to a portable device (I don't remember the name).
This feature wasn't limited to use with the PocketDISH. It also worked with supported VCRs and DVD recorders.

Interesting. I broached this exact topic with a Dish rep on chat maybe two weeks ago, and was told I could end up with (after some equipment exchanges) a HWS, H2k, Super Joey and a regular Joey. I thought it sounded too good to be true, and apparently it was.

it's not supported because it would take 2 dpp44 switches to wire it, and I'm not sure a superjoey can even control a dpp44

Interesting. I broached this exact topic with a Dish rep on chat maybe two weeks ago, and was told I could end up with (after some equipment exchanges) a HWS, H2k, Super Joey and a regular Joey. I thought it sounded too good to be true, and apparently it was.
Did he also mention the one year free if you pay for six months up front? Would have been about as accurate.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Reactions: ChadT41
Yeah, and the MoCA 2.0 spec was finalized JUST AFTER both DirecTV and Dish has already designed their Genie and Hopper for production. Too bad. MoCA 2.0 would solve having a Super Joey + 2HWS and future use of even more bandwidth. I was hoping future productions of Hoppers could have MoCA 2.0, but I know it may not be likely.

Actually, the Hopper w/Sling, Super Joey, and probably the newest revision of Joey already have MoCA 2.0 capabilities. Joey 1.0 and Hopper 2000 do not. No telling whether or not Dish will actually utilize the 2.0 chipsets in the newer receivers.

Actually, the Hopper w/Sling, Super Joey, and probably the newest revision of Joey already have MoCA 2.0 capabilities. Joey 1.0 and Hopper 2000 do not. No telling whether or not Dish will actually utilize the 2.0 chipsets in the newer receivers.
Everything I've read shows the Super Joey as being BCM7346 based, which apparently is Moca 1.1. HWS is a Moca 2.0 chipset. Not sure about "Joey 2.0."

Everything I've read shows the Super Joey as being BCM7346 based, which apparently is Moca 1.1. HWS is a Moca 2.0 chipset. Not sure about "Joey 2.0."
Aw, forgot. Thought it had the same chipset as the HwS, but HwS has the BCM7425 . In that case, doubtful that the new Joey has 2.0 support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)