Adding a third receiver

kwheeleraz

Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
I have a Dish 500 with a DP-Twin LNB and two DP311 receivers. I want to add a new DishDVR 625 as a 3rd receiver. My location is geared for 110 and 119. Do I just need to add a multiswitch? If so, which multiswitch?

Thanks.

You have a choice replace the DP Twin with a DPP Twin or use your existing DP Twin and add a DP34 switch and a third cable line. The DPP Twin can use a separator that should come with the 625 so you will only need 1 line run to the 625. If you use the DP Twin and DP34 you will need 2 cables run to the 2 tuners in the 625.

Or get rid of both 311's & replace them w/1 322 & the 625.

You can run all 4 tuners from a DPP twin with seperators using the 2 existing lines from the dish

Thanks for all the really good info.

My desire is to use the existing single RG-6 cable installed by the home builder to feed the unit. So I'm much more inclined to go with a single feed cable solution. I would like to have dual tuner capability, but that is not a deal breaker or anything. The existing DP311's each feed their own TiVo, so we've grown accustomed to having only one tuner.

BTW - what's the policy on canceling Dish service? This DishDVR 625 is my father-in-law's and he's cancelling his Dish service after 9 months of operation. Does he get to keep that 625 or will Dish want it back?

Thanks for the help. :)

kwheeleraz said:
Thanks for all the really good info.

My desire is to use the existing single RG-6 cable installed by the home builder to feed the unit. So I'm much more inclined to go with a single feed cable solution. I would like to have dual tuner capability, but that is not a deal breaker or anything. The existing DP311's each feed their own TiVo, so we've grown accustomed to having only one tuner.

BTW - what's the policy on canceling Dish service? This DishDVR 625 is my father-in-law's and he's cancelling his Dish service after 9 months of operation. Does he get to keep that 625 or will Dish want it back?

Thanks for the help. :)
99% of the time it is a leased receiver and will have to be returned. He is also probably under an 18Mo. contract so he will have to pay a penalty for cancelling early.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts