Adding a third tv

jacount

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
albany ny
Hey all, I was wondering how hard it would be to add a third tv to my setup. I have a dish 500 dish and 2 receivers. One is a 301 and one is a 311. I would like to add another tv if possible. Both coaxial lines run seperatly back to near the dish where they go into a connector and into a double line to the dish. I dont need to have all three on at the same time, I dont have a problem unhooking my downstairs receiver to hook up the third one. I ask this because the 301 receiver has a smart card in it and the 311 dosent. Would I be able to use another without a card? Also can I use a HD box without buying the HD service? I would like to use the hdmi and optical out if I can.

Thanks
-Jason

Hey all, I was wondering how hard it would be to add a third tv to my setup. I have a dish 500 dish and 2 receivers. One is a 301 and one is a 311. I would like to add another tv if possible. Both coaxial lines run seperatly back to near the dish where they go into a connector and into a double line to the dish. I dont need to have all three on at the same time, I dont have a problem unhooking my downstairs receiver to hook up the third one. I ask this because the 301 receiver has a smart card in it and the 311 dosent. Would I be able to use another without a card? Also can I use a HD box without buying the HD service? I would like to use the hdmi and optical out if I can.

Thanks
-Jason
Can't you just put a splitter on the oupt from one of the boxes?
Of course you have to watch the same channel on both but...
You get a HD box and don't subscribe to a HD package and they charge you an access fee.

Get a box with dual tuners?

Purchase a RF-Link AVS-5811 from Amazon ($117.71). It will send picture and audio from one of your receivers to the third TV. I use one with my 622, and it transmits a very clear signal to a 1988 Heathkit TV that I have in my exercise room.

Can't you just put a splitter on the oupt from one of the boxes?
Of course you have to watch the same channel on both but...
You get a HD box and don't subscribe to a HD package and they charge you an access fee.

Get a box with dual tuners?

I could do that i suppose but id rather run a line from that receiver to the other room and just unhook the one receiver and use a straight through connecter going to the other box so that I can use the guide and all on that tv. Will normal coax cable be ok or do i need to get something special to do that?

Purchase a RF-Link AVS-5811 from Amazon ($117.71). Connect it to one of your receivers, and it will transmit picture and audio to your third TV. I use one on my 622, and it sends clear picture and sound to a 1988 Heatkit TV that I have in my exercise room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)