adding a wing dish to western arc setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

plott hound

Original poster
Oct 2, 2013
niagara falls,NY.
am thinking about adding a wing dish to my 1000.2 dish.is this worth my while and what satellite should I add?am getting 110,119 and 129 now.but I lose 129 in bad weather.am located in Niagara falls.

thanks

You are thinking about adding a wing dish, But your asking us where you should point it?
LOL!

Are just adding it because you're bored, Or because you have a weak 129 and you want to remedy that?
You would have to add the 61.5 and 72.7 because Eastern arcs HD is on both.
But also that will cause havoc with your system have 2 arcs.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you are in Buffalo you can get all of your channels, in HD, using an eastern arc setup. Buffalo HD locals are on 61.5 and SD is on 110. Instead of a wing dish I would change to eastern arc and be done with it....

If you are in Buffalo you can get all of your channels, in HD, using an eastern arc setup. Buffalo HD locals are on 61.5 and SD is on 110. Instead of a wing dish I would change to eastern arc and be done with it....
Maybe he's in Canada?

am thinking about adding a wing dish to my 1000.2 dish.is this worth my while and what satellite should I add?am getting 110,119 and 129 now.but I lose 129 in bad weather.am located in Niagara falls.

thanks
I would suggest doing the opposite: switch to a 1000.4 EA and add a wing dish for 110 if you want to be able to record your locals in standard-def. Also, this may be nit-picking, but since when is Niagara Falls near Detroit? (Where your Location says you are.)

thanks for the replies,tried an eastern arc but some large trees interfered with sat 77.went to a western arc and its ok unless the weather is bad.so really I just wanted to try a wing dish out of boredom.just day dreaming I suppose.

thanks

The 77 isn't used for US programming in most locations anymore.
DISH has a 1000.2 Eastern arc version that only uses 61.5 and 72.7.

thanks
I did that same thing some years ago because my locals were on the 61.5. It works perfectly and somewhat future proofs your setup.

thanks
I did that same thing some years ago because my locals were on the 61.5. It works perfectly and somewhat future proofs your setup.

I would suggest doing the opposite: switch to a 1000.4 EA and add a wing dish for 110 if you want to be able to record your locals in standard-def. Also, this may be nit-picking, but since when is Niagara Falls near Detroit? (Where your Location says you are.)
I notice that plott hound has now updated his Location. (I thought I should post this before anybody posts asking what I was talking about.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)