Adding addt'l HD reciever

umass03

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
In my current setup I have a 622 in the family room which also feeds the master. I also have an SD reciever in one bedroom which also feeds a tv in my office.

Can I add an HD reciever to the office without having to change the rest of the setup?

I guess I'm asking is adding the new reciever plug n pray?

In my current setup I have a 622 in the family room which also feeds the master. I also have an SD reciever in one bedroom which also feeds a tv in my office.

Can I add an HD reciever to the office without having to change the rest of the setup?

I guess I'm asking is adding the new reciever plug n pray?

Sounds like the SD receiver is a dual tuner so yes you can just swap the receivers and run check switch. Are you buying or leasing the HD receiver? You could lease one for $50 from Dish Network and I think $75.00 for a 722.

So on the SD setup the reciever is in the bedroom so I would put the HD box in the office and use the antenna adapter in the office for the line in the bedroom where the SD box used to be?

Sorry if I am making this harder then it needs to be but would I have to make the change to the box outside the house?

Both coax in the current setup run from wall jacks

Just label the cables coming from the wall jacks, disconnect the cables and connect to new receiver. If you've never done it before you may want to have Dish Network do it for you. Like I said, I've seen a promotion for a new HD receiver for $25.00. The only problem is that you will have to agree to a 2 yr. contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)