Adding another 622 to my system. - Dish Install help needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shrike3000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Ok, I need some technical advice. Installer help appreciated.

I have 2 622's already leased so I cannot lease another. I want to buy a 622 and add it to my house. My current dish is already full so I would need a way to get the satellites signal to the new 622.

I have been a customer for 12 years so I have a fair amount of old equipment built up and the new house I moved into had some equipment already there. I will list what I have, tell me if I have enough to get 110, 119 and 129 to hook up my new 622 or what else I need to buy. I am hoping by using a 2 dish setup I won't have to buy an all new 1000.2 dish. Let me know your recommendation.

I have:

4 Dish 500 Dish's
1 DP34 switch
2 SW21 switches
1 Dish Pro Digital Twin LNBF (P/N 150782) (2 connectors)
1 Dish LNBF (P/N bs1d1up201m) (2 connectors)
1 Dish LNBF (with 4 connectors marked 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b)
2 Dish Digital LNBF's (small/single type) (P/N bs1h3up201m) (2 connectors on each)

Is this enough to hook up my new 622? What else do I need? I am hoping to avoid having to buy a whole new 1000.2 with all its lnbf's and stuff.

Thanks for your help, you guys are the best! I have never been so impressed with the collective knowledge of a forum.

Jason

2 dish 500s, one pointed to 119/110 using the legacy twin or quad, the other using a legacy dual pointed at 129. Coming out of the twin, connect to port 1 of the sw21 switch and connect the 129 to port 2. Do this again for the second tuner and run two wires, one for each switch to the 622 receiver.

Run the check switch. The result should show Legacy Twin/SW21 cascade as the device.

2 dish 500s, one pointed to 119/110 using the legacy twin or quad, the other using a legacy dual pointed at 129. Coming out of the twin, connect to port 1 of the sw21 switch and connect the 129 to port 2. Do this again for the second tuner and run two wires, one for each switch to the 622 receiver.

Run the check switch. The result should show Legacy Twin/SW21 cascade as the device.

So is :

1 Dish LNBF (P/N bs1d1up201m) (2 connectors) the "Legacy Twin"

and

2 Dish Digital LNBF's (small/single type) (P/N bs1h3up201m) (2 connectors on each) the "Legacy Dual".

Each would have one cable from each port going into one port on each SW21? with with sw21's then feeding out to each tuner on the 622, correct?

Is this what you are saying?

dishsetup.jpg

Thanks so much, this tells me everything I need to know! I appreciate the advice.

Ok... I finally got this all hooked up. Had a few problems and had to make a few adjustments so I need more advice. Please help if you can. I have 2 Dish's trying to get 119, 110 and either 129 or 61.5

I got in my 622 receiver and have it hooked up. My Legacy Twin LNB seemed to not be working right so instead I used a Legacy Quad to get 119/110. I have 1a from the Quad and 1 from the Legacy Dual connected to 1 SW21 and then 2a from the Quad and 2 from Dual connected to another SW21 and each then running to a tuner on the 622.

I run a Check Switch and get SW21-3SAT detected as my switch. I have 1 2 and 3 all showing as satellites with 119, 110 and X. 119 & 110 are working perfectly with both even and odd, so the Quad is doing its job and working correctly through the SW21's. For my 3rd satellite it just shows an X. I am trying to get 61.5 because I have clearer shot of it in my sky than I do 129. They have basically the same content i think anyway and don't think it matters which one I use right?

Anyway.... does my setup sound right and do I just need to work on aiming 61.5 better or does it sound like a problem with my setup somehow? Should this setup work?

Thanks so much for any help I can get!

It should run 61.5 with no problem. You could try downloading the receiver if it hasn't already been downloaded. Sounds like you are not getting 61.5. Try removing your switches temporarily and just connecting 61.5 to the receiver. Put your receiver's meter on 61.5 on a transponder that carries a signal. Just look in THE LIST for a transponder that has a national channel. Have you also checked to see if your HD locals are on 129 or 61.5? If they are on a spot beam on 61.5, that transponder would be the easiest to get for the purpose of peaking the dish.

I am in Houston so my HD Locals are on 110.

I am going to try unhooking everything except the 61.5 Dish with no switches and just focus on finding it using Transponder 22 which is what TBS is on.

Hopefully this will work.

It did a long software update as soon as 119/110 got connected so I think I am good as far as "download" goes, if that is what you meant.

Thanks for the help, we will see how it goes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)