Adding Another Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wyattbaboon

Original poster
Dec 23, 2009
Bay Area
Hey,
At my house we have directv, currently we have a dish that has 3 little bubble receiver things and we have 3 receivers (makes sense). 2 of which are normal (pretty old RCA's) receivers and 1 is a relatively new DVR receiver. If i wanted to add another HD DVR receiver to my house would i need a new dish? and would they have to come and route wired through my house? What my main question is is how much would it totally cost to have this done (relative cost).
If anyone knows that would be great thanks!

assuming you have a Slimline-3 or an AU-9 with 4 outs on the LNB, and from the equipment you're using, it sounds like you're using all of your outs. depending on what type of dish you have, you may need an upgrade there, and then you may need a multiswitch to get you those extra outputs you need.

is it possible to get a bit more info on your setup? specific dish & receivers?

If you are currently set up for SD & you buy the HD DVR from D* & upgrade to HD service the install should be free. The HD DVR's start around $200 but they will usually give you some sort of deal. I just upgraded in September, they gave me $50 off the HD DVR + free Superfan ($100 value & something I would have purchased anyway) & n/c on installing the new dish, so I basically got the HD DVR & install for $50. If you get the HD DVR from Best Buy (or somewhere other than D*) they will charge you for the install.

jb is right. Call DirecTV or send them an email. I got my HD DVR for $99 in June. Installation is usually free, if you have been customer for a while, pay your bill on time, etc....

Status
Please reply by conversation.