Adding Basic Cable into Dish Hopper?

tmorg

Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Oklahoma
I have a couple of Hopper W/Slings and live in Oklahoma on the Arkansas/Oklahoma state line. My issue is I am forces by the DMA region to view Arkansas locals as opposed to Oklahoma. I can get the Oklahoma locals on a basic cable for cheap but would like to add them to the Hopper like I did on my old 722 with the TV card. I know there's a USB dongle foe OTA but I know doesn't have tuner capability. Is there any way possible to get these cable locals into the Hopper guide at all? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have done this before but I can only get SD and no HD on those locals when I do that. Not sure why. I spoke to a couple of installers and they say they see the same thing. Sadly 20 or so years ago all of those Tulsa locals could be picked up on a small external antenna but regulations changed and prevent them from broadcasting OTA in my area now. I'm about 100 miles south of tulsa and my OTA only gets about 60 mile away broadcast but all those are in arkansas. It would be nice if Dish would allow us to chose both for a few dollars more. I believe DirecTV allows this that may be the next option.

Directv doesn't allow that.

There are translators for KOTV and KTUL near McAlester those should be HD, if you can pick them up. The rest of the Tulsa transmitters are Northeast of Coweta. I don't think any of the locals main stations are SD, even on their translators.

Now if you've tried "moving" your service address to get Tulsa on satellite, then the Tulsa locals are SD on 110 and HD on 129, so you need 129 for Tulsa HD locals.

Ralfyguy here might offer some suggestions. He has a big amplified setup in McAlester to pull Tulsa in, just barely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts