Adding Dish 500 to Dish 1000.4

mperdue

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
McCordsville, Indiana
I just setup a Dish 500 to be able to get the missing channels that are on 72 until I get my new cards. When I connect the Dish 500 to a receiver I get very strong signals from both the 110 and 119 satellites. I connected the output of the Dish 500 to the input of the Dish 1000.4 and did a check switch but the results show that the input is disconnected. Is this a workable configuration? Is there something else I need to do?

Mario

I think maybe the lnb-in port on the 1000.4 only accepts a single sat position for the built-in switch to work correctly which is why a dual is usually used with a 500 in that configuration and not a twin. I'm not sure that's what's causing the problem but it's a guess.

I see no reason why a DP Twin, not a DPP Twin wouldn't work in place of a DP Dual aimed at one satellite, skewed at 90. I'll walk outside here and try it myself on my 61.5 wing dish.

Mine is a DPP Twin. I added the DISH 300 with to the system and check switch found it OK. Now I have one last problem...

With the new dish adding 110 to the mix I can receive my locals and local guide information but I'm still having a problem with the channels that are on 72 from the 1K.4. My system insists on pulling the SCIFI and HDNet channels from 72 instead of 110. Unfortunately, I don't have the new security cards yet so I can't view anything coming from 72. Is there a way to force the receiver to use 110? Will covering the LNBF with foil work?

Mario

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)