problem watching delayed

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
i have a 722 and lately i can't watch a show delayed - it'll just jump ahead to live tv on its own- this occurs on both a delayed show (not being recorded) and ones that i'm recording, but the show has not completed recording yet. with both scenarios it will not stay delayed (i don't mean paused, i mean watching it delayed) but suddenly jumps to live -- it's driving me nuts!! any ideas?

You are likely to see a jump to live if you have a weak signal on OTA. It's unlikely to jump for satellite with reasonable signal level.
-Ken

i have about 3 hours left - HD on the drive--

and it's not just OTA - happened last nite watching CNN. My ota strengths are really good - in the 90's.

i have about 3 hours left - HD on the drive--

and it's not just OTA - happened last nite watching CNN. My ota strengths are really good - in the 90's.

Free up some space on your hard drive. It sounds like you are out of space for the buffer to watch delayed programming.

well i freed up space - 8 hours of HD free and i'm still getting the skipping ahead- i've seen some talk on another board that version L6.14 has some problems, one of which may be this skipping ahead -

There does seem to be a problem. I noticed this twice yesterday on one of my 622s with L6.14. I was watching CNN delayed about 20 or 30 minutes (not recorded), and my 622 jumped to live without my even touching the remote. I live alone, and i dont have close neighbors, so I dont think it was someone else's remote affecting my receiver.

(and also I have about 22 high def hours of space avail on the 622's hard drive for those thinking there might be a connection to a full HD)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts