Adding Dish or Directv with Shaw

nusatman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Ok...
I never thought I would be considering doing this, but I'm actually thinking about adding Dish or Directv along with my Shaw. I guess I'm looking more for input on how to go about this, considering it would be a new install obviously. My main concern is what do I do when an installer comes and asks "What is this you have here?" Has anyone else been in this same situation, and any advice would be helpful.

They dont care. Just tell them what you want, and not to touch the other setup. We have Dish Network and Bell. Dish Network didnt care when they came by to upgrade their dish to HD and run new cabling after a huge storm. I just told them not to touch anything on the Bell line, and they didnt. The installer was very curious about it though, especially since the hardware is the same essentially. :)

I had Directv installed a month ago. The tech laughed when he pulled up and I had the 6 foot dish in the garage. He jokingly said "I'm not going to install that on the roof?" :)

When he got to the deck and saw
2 motorized FTA dishes
a 6 foot dish
a primestar dish
a 4 foot dish used to get Shaw Direct

he asked about the setup (asked if I was transmitting anything) but we actually talked a little bit of FTA and the channels you can get from around the world. Other than that all he cared about was where to run the cables

They dont care. Just tell them what you want, and not to touch the other setup. We have Dish Network and Bell. Dish Network didnt care when they came by to upgrade their dish to HD and run new cabling after a huge storm. I just told them not to touch anything on the Bell line, and they didnt. The installer was very curious about it though, especially since the hardware is the same essentially. :)

That being said - how do you have both running to the same TV? In my case I have 2 TV's that I would want to get set up, but I also have an antenna on each for my locals. Would I need another splitter for each setup, or something else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)