Adding HD in another room. . .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dodgerblu526

Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Eugene, OR
Hello,

I was looking for some information for my parents who have Direct TV HD and were thinking of adding another HD receiver in another room. They already have a 3 room setup (1 HD and 2 SD) and were thinking of upgrading one of the SD receivers to an HD one.

My question is can they just buy another HD receiver and swap out one of the SD recievers with their current system or do they have to order a second satellite to be installed on their roof and set up individually?

I have heard that you can't split one HD satellite into two rooms and thought I would ask you , the experts :), and see if this is possible or any info on what their options would be.

They are new to the HD thing, as well as myself, and were checking for some info before we call and speak to a customer service rep who might be inclined to sell us more stuff that we didn't really need. So we thought we would get some truthfull answers from anyone here before we make that call.

Thank you in advance for any info you may share.

as long as the install was done correctly, the boxes should be able to just be swapped out. you cannot mirror an hd signal, but the lines off the dish are all carrying the hd signal.

If the SD box is getting good signal then yes, they can just pick up a leased box from a retailer and install it themselves. If its not a x23 model make sure they get the BC Modules as well. Follow the instructions on screen and in about 15 minutes you should be good to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)