Adding HD receiver

WhenYouAwake

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Western MA
I think I know the answer to this, but I just want to be sure before I spend a $1000.00.

I upgraded to HD last month through Dish. Now I want to add it to my spare bedroom. I'm assuming all I have to do is purchase a new receiver, (a 211), from dishstore.net, and add it to my account. I realize I may have to pay an extra fee. I currently have the AEP and the HD package.

I assume you have a Dish 500 looking at 110 and 119 and another dish pointed at 61.5 and a single cable run to a "seperator" at the 622.

To add another receiver you probably need a switch and at least one more cable run. Depending on the switch you might also need another cable run to the 622.
If it is Dish Pro Plus technology, one calbe will do, but if it is Dish Pro, two cables to the 622 will be needed.

also would like to add HD receiver

I have the same question. My setup is a 622 upstairs and a standard def receiver downstairs. I would like to replace the standard with a single tv Hd receiver. when the original 622 installation was done I was told by the installer that my downstairs standard receiver could be replaced by a HD receiver at a later date with no more wiring needed. My question is does that make sense? Maybe not enough info for a reasonable answer but any input is appreciated.

Thanks

would it be the same if i wanted to add another 622? Not sure which way to go since the HD recording time is not really that long so I am thinking about adding a second DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)