Adding LNB for 148 to Dish500

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
Has anyone successfully tried using duct tape or baling wire or something to add an LNB on to a Dish500 to pick up 148? Or is it just too far off to the side to pick anything up? The reason I ask is that there are some local channels there that I really want to pick up but there is zero chance that I can get approval for the second dish. Out here in the greater LA area 148 is pretty high up so I should get plenty of signal. Any help would be appreciated :D

Dlsnyder,

Just an FYI on the design of the dish 500: It was designed to be able to pick up two satellite slots 9 degrees apart so, as Kevin said, it is too far away.

You mentioned that you doubt if you can get approval for a second dish. Is this a "wife factor" or an appartment/condo restriction?

It is definately a WAF problem. We live in a single family home in a neighborhood with no covenant restrictions or anything. There are a large number of homes with dishes already on our street, some of them with "questionable" self-installs. My wife is kind of put off by such things and really didn't even want our large OTA antenna. Perhaps I could soften her up by taking that down in exchange since we watch our locals on satellite now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)