Adding New LNB to Existing Dish/Switch Configuration for HD Programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AlBartlett

Original poster
Nov 30, 2011
Metro ATL
Hi All:

I have lurked on this board for years and have learned a lot. However, I need a little feedback in my quest for HD.

My current setup is a Dish 4700 receiver connected to a switch that reads “Videopath Multidish Switch Model DP 34 107107.” The switch is connected to a Dish that reads “Dish Network Plus.” Mounted on the dish is a Dual LNBF (B01303-5F060081M) and a Single LNBF (AKH1-DPS Lot # W805). Both say Dish Pro. The other bracket is empty.

On my really old receiver, I get a signal for 110, 118, and 119.

I have a VIP222K on the way to me. From my discussion with the extremely helpful and ever fast MattG, I will need to receive 129 to get most of the HD content. I need to keep 118 for International programming.

In my pile of old legacy stuff, I have an old “BS1H1UP201M Lot# E90” Single LNBF and an old SW21 switch. Barring my being able to use the legacy stuff to make a FrankenDish, I am going to need some hardware.

The proposed solution is to get a DP single line LNB for 129 and add it to the dish. Then, I would run the cable to a new DPP44 and then run the existing cable to a DPP separator at the receiver.

Can any of you see any issues, or am I on the right track?

I appreciate your feedback.

Al

The proposed solution is to get a DP single line LNB for 129 and add it to the dish. Then, I would run the cable to a new DPP44 and then run the existing cable to a DPP separator at the receiver.

Can any of you see any issues, or am I on the right track?
yes that will work fine. The older equipment (LNB & SW21) will not work (you cannot mix Legacy and DishPro equipment)
Matt didnt set you up with the new dish?

yes that will work fine. The older equipment (LNB & SW21) will not work (you cannot mix Legacy and DishPro equipment)
Matt didnt set you up with the new dish?

Thank you for your assistance. Matt offered, but I am afraid of committment . . . .

Plus, I am one of those people who like to tinker with things while trying not to slide off the roof.

Plus, I am one of those people who like to tinker with things while trying not to slide off the roof.

Dont get me wrong I am one who tinkers too (see my signature) but since you've had Dish for what looks like a while (the 4700 receiver is pretty old) it doesnt sound like you'd leave Dish anytime soon so I'd have them install the new dish which if I remember the new D1000+ has the switch all built in now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)