Adding old receiver

mile_r7

Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
So we upgraded our Dish 300 and receiver two years ago to a Dish 500 and 322 receiver. We could only get $10 to give the old equipment back, so we kept it. First of all, I'm having trouble identifying the receiver. The only thing I can find is JVC TU-3500U. Not sure if that's a model or not. We started with Dish about 15 years ago. Can someone help me identify the model?

Secondly, what I am wondering is, could we set up the old dish and receiver in our shop (same address/location) and just pay the additional receiver fee? Would they allow us to reactivate such an old receiver? If not, our installer mentioned if we had the $6 protection plan, we might be able to get an upgrade on the old receiver. True?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

There are many things that are possible, but I would have to say activating the old receiver may not be one of them. Could you PM me the phone number or account number? I can check into upgrade options if you would like.

I don't think they will replace the receiver if it is not already active on the account even if you have the warranty if the receiver is one of those that is no longer able to be activated.

I'm having trouble identifying the receiver. The only thing I can find is JVC TU-3500U. Not sure if that's a model or not.

It's the same as an E* 3000 receiver, which was one of the VERY first model of receivers made.
E* NO longer supports this model(s) & removed them completely out of their systems, which means it can NO longer be activated, sorry.

I was going to guess 3000. Shoot, well, we'll see if I can get a good upgrade offer. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts