Adding programming on-line

textmex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
I have tried to upgrade from Top 200 to Top 250 on-line a number of times in recent weeks and it keeps giving me this error:

Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request at this time. You may try again in a few moments or contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for account assistance.

I also can't upgrade through my receiver. Do I really need to call Dish to upgrade or am I doing something wrong?

I think you can also do it via the phone/automated. If not the only other way would be the CSR. I know sometimes the website is buggy. When I upgraded my programming online back in Dec/Jan it worked fine.

Tried again today with the same results. Not really interested in talking to paki/indi csr's interested in trying to push other additional services. Maybe next month if they can get anything in their system working as it should. Funny how they make sure getting the bills out flawless.

Sometimes some or all of the site just goes buggy. I got the same error message when I tried to add locals and I think I sent them an email from the "contact us" page and got it done.

One thing about the email option though is response time can vary wildly! I've had them respond within minutes on one question and take like over 10 days on another message sent just minutes apart.

That cancer stick will kill you bubba! Stop smoking in the forums!

Would you believe that I looked 20 years younger, had hair, and didn't smoke before I got DN? The ol lady saw a channel she wants and I haven't heard the end of it.

Tried online, auto phone, and online chat. All buggered up. Sent an email through the form they provided. We'll see if anything happens 'soon' or whether it'll be a dead stick too.

I did what Js6425 said and it worked like a charm, you get a online session with a real person. quick and easy, you type what you want, get the changes, the costs and everything, thanks JS.

Yeah, try the online session.

Otherwise, S. J., I'm afraid you'll have to give in and talk to "Bob" over in India.

If im not right please correct me, but how long have you been a subscriber? I believe you must be a subscriber for a certain length of time before you can upgrade online. Something like 3 months or so.

I did what Js6425 said and it worked like a charm, you get a online session with a real person. quick and easy, you type what you want, get the changes, the costs and everything, thanks JS.

When we tried it it kicked me to a email form. I filled it out and sent it in. About an hour later I got a response and I replied with the requested info. Almost two days later and still squat. We just passed or will soon pass our 18 month commitment on the contract. Well over the first three months.

May try the online chat thing again tomorrow but I'll be dipped if I'm talking to a paki/indi named Bob wanting to sell me stuff I don't want with an accent thicker than my hillbilly cousins. I don't see why they can't fix the system to make it work as advertised. Ticking off a customer isn't a good way to keep one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts