Adding vcr to dish receiver

Landon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I have just got dish network and am having problems attaching my old vcr so that I can record. I have the vcr output attached to the ant 2 on the tv and that works ok but I can not get it to record from the dish. The dish receiver is the duplex 322. The vcr is a sanyo with two rca in and two rca out....video and audio and also has coax in and out.
I have tried sever combinations but nothing records. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

You will have to set the VCR to record the output channel of TV2,ex. if you use channel 60 the VCR must be set to record CH60.:)

I am using channel 60 on the tv.
Just where and to what do I hook the vcr?
The coax out of the vcr to tv is working ok for playing the vcr. Do I use the coax in to record and if so what does that attach to?
Please bare with me as I am somewhat of an amateur at this.

Just got the dish about a week ago. I think I have tried every way to hook the vcr up and no workee.
I have a dvd player and it works ok. (not sure I want to spend what it cost for a dvr at the moment) The dvd player is hooked into the tv connections just as the vcr output is...not into the dish receiver. Both works ok on displaying a signal. I would like to record a few programs along and that is the problem.

On the back of the VCR is a cable fitting usually marked antenna in or just IN screw the cable coming from the satellit receiver onto this input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)