Additional HD unit price?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arwes

Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Just checking to see if this is right. My mother called DirecTV to see about getting set up, and they want $99 to have an additional HD box in another room and then $5 monthly. They told her that "everybody's doing it". Is that correct?

Thanks for the reply! I'll see if I can help them out so they can go ahead and get their order in. The compression on Comcast is killing them (guess that's what it is - picture breaks up like a satellite dish in a thunderstorm, only when it's a bright sun shining day). :rolleyes:

Is your mother a current customer? If not, then she may be able to get a better deal. In any case, the $5 lease fee wouldn't be accessed on the first receiver on the account.

Are they both DVRs? If so, then that would be correct. Otherwise depending on the programming package you are entitled to one HDDVR and one standard HD receiver free. Second DVR is $99 and all aditional receivers are $5er month after the first.

S~

Yep she's a new customer, and she's got three rooms. Living room, her bedroom and then another bedroom. She's got an HDTV in the living room, a SDTV in her bedroom, and a small HDTV in another bedroom. She only wanted a DVR for the living room set.

You know, I just went through the online ordering process and I think the person she spoke with was confused. I picked the Choice Xtra package, and the whole home DVR and it's showing an additional HD unit as free and an additional SD unit as free as well.

You can get a HD DVR and a HD receiver for free as a ner customer. The SD units I think are free too up to 4 receivers total

just checking on the D* site if you have choice +
1st receiver regardless of which one is free
if you take the HD DVR the 2nd one can be a SD or HD receiver and its free...DVR (HD or SD) is 100 bucks
the SD only units are free regardless

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)