RC34 vs RC64R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
The installer gave me a new remote today. My old one was a RC34 and the new one is a RC64R. Is there any difference between the two?

Also, can these remotes be used to turn on and off a PS3?

One last question, IR or RF, which is better?

The installer gave me a new remote today. My old one was a RC34 and the new one is a RC64R. Is there any difference between the two?

Basic difference is the 64 has more TV codes in it

Also, can these remotes be used to turn on and off a PS3?

One last question, IR or RF, which is better?
IR, RF, depends on your preference, I prefer RF myself.

IR needs line of sight, RF is radio and can be used almost anywhere in house.

RC64 has many more codes, RC34 is a few years old now. Vizio is one that comes to mind that they added in the last major change.

RF can be used from other rooms, correct? Is the remote slower to respond using RF? If not, then what is the advantage of using IR?

Why bother?
If the Equipment works fine.

SPEED, SPEED, SPEED .....

If I had one of those old boxes and an opportunity, you better believe I'd swap it out.

Old Mpeg 2 equipment vs Mpeg4 ....

If I could get the HR24, you better believe it.

Those boxes are 8-10 years old.

SPEED, SPEED, SPEED .....

If I had one of those old boxes and an opportunity, you better believe I'd swap it out.

Old Mpeg 2 equipment vs Mpeg4 ....

If I could get the HR24, you better believe it.

Those boxes are 8-10 years old.
What if you were an SD customer with no DVRs on your account. Would you really need to upgrade to D12 receivers?
I wouldn't bother.

What if you were an SD customer with no DVRs on your account. Would you really need to upgrade to D12 receivers?
I wouldn't bother.

You have a H/HR24 don't you ?

With the talk of how well these are working vs others, I would seriously consider it.
D* would probably ask about it as well.
They always want to get subs upgraded if it makes sense to do so.

I don't know anyone who has a complaint about their Non DVR receivers being slow.

I Still have 2 Samsung Sir300's that I use in my office. Why would I upgrade these?
So I can be locked into a commitment,and spend more money for no reason. Do I need DVR or an HR24 in my office.?

My point is IR mode is Used for Many SD receivers that aren't compatible with the use of RF mode..
So tell me, Are the R10,D10,D11,D12 RF compatible?

I know many SD receivers from the Mid 2000's are not RF Compatible.

I don't know anyone who has a complaint about their Non DVR receivers being slow.

I Still have 2 Samsung Sir300's that I use in my office. Why would I upgrade these?
So I can be locked into a commitment,and spend more money for no reason. Do I need DVR or an HR24 in my office.?

My point is IR mode is Used for Many SD receivers that aren't compatible with the use of RF mode..
So tell me, Are the R10,D10,D11,D12 RF compatible?

I know many SD receivers from the Mid 2000's are not RF Compatible.

The majority of the D* branded recvrs are RF capable, you make a good point about the non compatible ones...

If the recvr i'm talking about replacing goes in my HT room then YES I am upgrading.
If it's going in my garage or an office or a room that doesn't get used much, it's fine.
No where was it mentioned that the recvr in question is an office or not used recvr.

No where was it mentioned that the recvr in question is an office or not used recvr.
:rolleyes:
Jimbo read the posts. I said MANY RECEIVERS don't support RF mode.

Only reason mine was mentioned, was because it didn't seem like you understood. There are hundreds of thousand NON D* branded SD recivers out there that work just fine, and you want everyone of these people to upgrade, because of the remote?

:rolleyes:
Jimbo read the posts. I said MANY RECEIVERS don't support RF mode.

Only reason mine was mentioned, was because it didn't seem like you understood. There are hundreds of thousand NON D* branded SD recivers out there that work just fine, and you want everyone of these people to upgrade, because of the remote?

I want them upgraded FREE of charge, btw.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)