Additional Outlet Fee

Scandadbag

Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Hi....Tried to find this on here but couldn't...sorry if I missed it.

Two questions

If you run the coax to TV2 on the new 622 do you pay an addional 4.99 receiver fee?

I wanted to take advantage of the upgrade promo, but dont have an HD set yet,
(planning on August) can you activate without HD programming?

Thanks

No, the only reason that you would have to pay a fee is if you don't have a phone line connected to it. (It doesn't matter if you have 0 TV's hooked to it or 10).

Scandadbag said:
I wanted to take advantage of the upgrade promo, but dont have an HD set yet,
(planning on August) can you activate without HD programming?

No.

If you OWN it you can activate with whatever you like. If you LEASE you are bound by the terms of the lease agreement which specifies DishHD-Bronze or above.

OK thanks..... and thanks for the welcome lakebum
Here's my story:
I wanted to add a 5th receiver to my daughters room. I currently have 4 leased.
1- 510, 1- 501 and 2 - 301's. On my roof is a dish 500(quad) and a single dish. I called customer service and asked if I could have a ViP622 installed and informed them I didn't have an HD TV yet. They said no problem you just have to pay a $6.00 fee. My second question was "could I have the installer run a cable to my daughters bedroom?".....Again, no problem, I was told I would have to commit to an 18 month agreement and pay $199.00 and turn in a 301 receiver. I set up my "morning" appointment. The installer arrived at 2PM. He said he could not run the coax because it wasn't on the work order. I called customer service then was informed that you cannot have more than "4 tuners" and would have to turn in 2 of my 4 receivers. I canceled. Later, I called tech support and talked to a nice guy who sounded like he knew what he was taking about. He told me I would have to purchase a switch for $119.00, pay $59.00 Installation for the cable run, $199.00 for the 622 receiver, turn in one of my 301 receivers and purchase a receiver on ebay or a dishnetwork dealer. That way I would have 5 rooms installed. VP622,(2tuner) 510, 501, and a purchased receiver. and I wouldn't have to subscribe to HD content until I purchase my HD TV.. Just pay a 6.00 Fee. If this sounds confusing, I apologize because I am sure confused. Should I do this or is it best to wait until I get the TV? Or a simple solution. (lol)

Thanks