Additional receiver

DougE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I had an additional receiver (old model 2000) installed in another room. Previously I just had one receiver, a 721. When the 2000 was authorized it now provides me with all of the Superstations which I do not subscribe to.....just America's Everything, my locals, and two groups of distant networks. Anyone know how I can get these channels to come up on my 721 guide? I don't want to discuss this with a CSR since they might remove them entirely.

If it does not show up in the all channel list on the 721 then there is no way to getting it to come up. They hide those network channels for those that do not subscribe to them. Why would you want it on the 721 guide if the 721 does not get those channels? To search 9 days in advance to see whats on in the future?

The second receiver (the 2000) is supposed to mirror the 721.....I am paying for it as an additional receiver @ $4.99/month, not as another subscription. This second unit is receiving the Super stations, but not the 721. Since both units are on the same subscription, shouldn't both receive the same programming?

I had the same thing happen to be when I bought a used 2000 and activated it. I got the locals that that reciever had gotten by it's previous owner (atlanta and west coast nets) but not my locals (NYC). I only kept that reciever on my account for 1 month so I never pursued the issue.

Yes, its true that both receivers are supposed to receive the same programming, as in the same programming that you had actually ordered. The programming that does not belong on a receiver will not show up on both of them. Thats why only one receives it, because the receiver probably received those stations when it was activated in the past and the signal sent from the uplink center did not get to the receiver as it should have to shut those superstations off or there was a glitch in that one receiver, causing you to receive those stations.