Add'l UHF remote question?

cpa4u

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
I bought an extra UHF remote off Ebay to control TV2 from a 3rd room. Have the Leapfrog system. Anyway, the remote that I bought looks like an older UHF remote. Not like the one that I got with my 522 system. It will work on IR when in front of the receiver. I have not been able to get it to work from another room. Any suggestions on what to try? Or, did I get a bad remote from the guy?

Thanks

You have to have a UHF-Pro remote for it to work with the 522. Otherwise, it will only work as an IR remote. The older remotes are not UHF-Pro.

The old style UHF/IR remotes use different coding than the new UHF-Pro remote. You must get a UHF-Pro remote to work with any of the new receivers. (522,322,811,921) The old style remotes will work in IR mode only.

n0qcu said:
The old style UHF/IR remotes use different coding than the new UHF-Pro remote. You must get a UHF-Pro remote to work with any of the new receivers. (522,322,811,921) The old style remotes will work in IR mode only.

Isn't that what I said? :)

Yes it is but you said it while I was typing my answer and coundn't see that you beet me.

n0qcu said:
Yes it is but you said it while I was typing my answer and coundn't see that you beet me.

Ah ha! I beat you!

I don't like beets though. Nasty vegetable. :)

cpa4u said:
Thanks! I am sending the guy an email and asking for a refund.

Did he say it would work for the 522? It is probably a working remote but just isn't designed for the 522. Unless he said that it would work for a 522, he shouldn't be expected to give you a refund.

Won't work for a 522. A 508 and 510 yes. Try calling Dish to get another remote. The part number is 128580. (KIT, RMTE UHF W/#1 PR KEY I ) just like the remotes you have with the 522You can program this one to work UHF on TV1 or TV2. Good Luck. If not let me know and I can order you one. Or try the Dish store that is talked about on here.

You are correct that he did not "lie". However, he says it will work with 522 and then in the next paragraph says it will work through walls. So, even though he didn't specifically say that it will do that with a 522, he implied that. Hopefully, it will not be a problem to return it. It was only $10, but still.

Wobbie, how much are the remotes from Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts