Adelpha adds more HD channels to Hermosa Beach, CA

djjsin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
So i just looked in my guide, and In Hermosa Beach California, Adelphia has added 3 more HD channels. Espn 2, HDnet and HDnet Movies.

Now if they would just give me starsHD, UniversalHD, TNTHD, and INHD 1 and 2 i'd be happy.

After all this time, and now i'm moving to london in 2 weeks...........

You have more than we do out in Moreno Valley. We still only have the local networks plus HBO, Showtime, and ESPN-HD. We don't even get Discovery HD. I don't know of anyone in my town who is interested in HD that uses Adelphia.

I am very fortunate that Adelphia offers a great HD package. I get HDnet, HDmvs, ESPN and ESPN2, Discovery, and the movies HBO, SHOW, MAX STARZ, NFLHD plus the networks with the exception of NBC. That is a dispute between the local NBC and adelphia. So I have to use an antenna for that. The funny thing is I live in the sticks (Southwest Virginia) but get almost everything Adelphia has to offer. Now if I could just do something about the price increases.......:)

Adelphia

We live in Massanutten and have great Adelphia service.We have 17 HD channels(includes locals-all)and have not had any problems in the almost 4 months since we moved here.What is interesting is that Charlottesville Va which is a larger"Town/City" has very litte Adelphia HD service,don't understand Adelphia's reasoning but I'll take it since our service is great---internet service is also good really good 6896kbps/869kbps

It all depends on where you are. Adelphia purchased the system in my city from TCI about 10 years ago or so (I kind of lost track). They were slow to upgrade the plant and only rolled out PowerLink service in my area in late 2004. The word now is that, since the system they installed is already obsolete, they have insufficient capacity to add any new HD channels. Any new HD will have to wait until another system upgrade, which Adelphia won't even schedule now because of the pending sale. If we had service like that in Massanutten I don't think anyone here would be complaining. We are hopeful that Comcast or TWC will do better by us in Southern California. I understand that the Charter system in Riverside (just over the hill from us) is outstanding. They have 14 HD channels and 22 on-demand channels, on top of their other offerings. Why can't Adelphia treat us with a little respect and give us a good selection of programming at a decent price?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)