Adelphia HD in C'ville, VA... When???

jdmcs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Charlottesville, VA
I had a co-worker that recently signed up for cable with Adelphia in Charlottesville, VA and was told that they had HD. After they hooked up his cable and left him with the HD cable box, he discovered that Adelphia in our area has no HD.

Well, I gave Adelphia a call the other night, and asked them about HD. They were quick to say that yes they had HD in my area. I asked the rep to double-check... After she had my zip code, she had to admit that we don't have any HD cannels available.

Does anyone know when we will get HD service?

You need to bypasss Adelphia's 1-800 number and contact your Cable Plant Manager directly...better yet, get in touch with your local headend engineer and ask him what HD channels are available in your area and what HD channels are in the works. FYI, a number of Adelphia Cable Plants in Northern VA are offering 16 HD channels - we have 12 HD channels here in Spotsy because 1). headend is being rebuilt and 2). we provider backup services for Northern VA. They will be offering 16 HD channels later this fall.

Here in Spotsy we have very good Cable & Telecom Commission, which is both the local franchise authority and regulatory agency for the FCC. This except was taken directly from the Charlottesville website: "Cable television is provided through a franchise agreement between the City and a private company. To obtain cable services or report a technical problem contact Adelphia Cable Corporation, 324 West Main Street, 1-800-835-4949.Federal law prohibits the City from regulating cable television rates. If you have other questions about the franchise agreement, call the City Attorney's Office, (434) 970-3131."

You may wish to contact your local franchise authority for further information regarding HD and other services in your area. BTW, I subscribed to VOOM and now Dish Network for video services...much better than Adelphia IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts