Adelphia in H'burg

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
We are moving to Massanutten VA(about 10 miles from Harrisonburg Va) from my understandind Adelphia has HD srvice there.From what I have seen on the web site is that they have all locals and then HBO,SHO etc the biggest problem that i have is that no one in any forums seems to have it where they are located.I am really interested to know how thier PQ is.We have D* here in Alexandria Va and I will install the dish down there,the problem is that i think that i am going to have a hard time getting distant locals from D*(have to go through the wavier process)and although there are only two stations broadcasting HD signals,the eligibility process seems doubtful since D*'s own web site show the local stations broadcasting with either a grade A or B signal even though only two are HD.If anyone has any info that would be great

David1997

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 22, 2005
Harrisonburg, VA
Forget about getting any locals with D i tried and tried. I have Adelphia now and get all the locals in HD. The ABC in Harrisonburg is not really in HD. The HD channel lookes the same as channel 3. (11)

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Thanks

I had a feeling that would be the case.The D* web site shows the local stations broadcasting, 1-A grade signal and the other 3 broadcasting B grade signals which usually means no go.Did you go through the wavier process with them (D*).Also if you don't mind how is the quality of the Adelphia HD broadcast,I checked thier web site and it seems that they have 17 channels in HD(locals,HBO,etc).They are to come out and install Internet/Cable/HD on Dec.20

David1997

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 22, 2005
Harrisonburg, VA
I went through the wavier process for over a year with no luck. I don't regret leaving Dish for Adelphia i did give D a look and called them to see if i could get locals and they said none get approved where my zip is.

The HD quality on Adelphia is great although it seems to vary from to house to house. The HD ABC channel is a joke though none of it is in HD that i have seen. I have there DVR box and i love it plus they have VOD :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)