Adjusting image up or down on 811

snathanb said:
It sounds like you are watching TV on the input your VCR goes to. In that case, that would explain why:

1) you are getting black bars
2) you can't adjust the picture size
3) you have to turn the VCR on.

The svideo cord should be hooked from the 811 to the vcr, but only for the purposes of recording/playing back something you taped.

You need to switch your TV to the component input to benefit from the 811, without doing that, everything will be in SD. All the issues you mentioned are from you watching over the non-HD outputs.

snathanb, 811

snathanb, VCR only needs to be on when watching SD channels(TV is set to aux/S-video input). When I watch any HD channels, VCR does not have to be on and TV input is set to DTV input(component also). One component input is used by my DVD player, and the second is unused .

Got it... but have you tried watching your OTA channels over the DTV input? I think it will get rid of your line problems.

Also, the video tends to be much darker over the svideo output. Personally, I don't use it and watch everything over component.

snathamb

Yes I have watched OTA on DTV(HD) input. The screen is filled top to bottom, but I have bars on left and right sides. I'm worried about burn-in from the bars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)