Adjusting LNBF Bracket

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cavsolutions

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
St. Thomas, USVI
I have an AzureShine LNBF bracket that's factory designed for the smaller throat diameter LNBF's (such as DTV etc) as opposed to FTA 40mm opening. The bracket is actually designed in 2 halves that snap together around the LNBF throat. I've got a Dremel tool but I'm not quite comfortable doing it this way as a little drift and the bracket opening could end up to wide and that plastic bracket melts pretty HOT :eek: and quick.
Any thoughts regarding how to cut the opening bigger in a more "uniform" manner?

I use a rotary rasp in the electric drill. Fix the drill to a work surface, lock it on and then hold the work piece up to the rasp. Ace Hardware sells them for about $6. There are also small cylinder belt type attachments for the electric drill at Ace.

I use a rotary rasp in the electric drill. Fix the drill to a work surface, lock it on and then hold the work piece up to the rasp. Ace Hardware sells them for about $6. There are also small cylinder belt type attachments for the electric drill at Ace.

Hmmmmm..... quite a novel idea that rotary rasp..... I'll check it out later today! :upNow to figure out how to possibly stabilize my regular drill.....

most just snap together so usually you can take a small flat blade screwdriver and pry it open

on the ones i've done the plastic feedhorn cover (over the front of the lnbf) stayed on the lnbf but the outer shell of the lnbf came off in two pieces

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts