Status
Not open for further replies.

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Are you intentionally playing ads that autoplay a commercial before they load? A built ford tough flash ad was prefaced by a 5-10s commercial. I didnt click anything to initiate it... I had just read a thread and was actually in a different tab when it started.

Thankfully I have the freedom to install ad blockers and stuff on the computers I use, but this is the first time visiting the site from our laptop downstairs so I was wading through the ads on this particular visit.

No we do not allow ads that have sound (especially without clicking on them.)

If you see it again please take a screen shot so I can figure out which ad agency is letting it sneak thru.

I won't see it again as it prompted me to put AdBlock on my wife's laptop, if someone else hears it I'm sure they'll end up here and in this thread.

It was in the square slot that appears inside of posts, would have normally appeared in Scott's post above actually.

I tried to see if I could get that ad to play on an older laptop that's not ad-blocked. It didn't show, but another one that auto played with sound and the dumb lapper crashed before I get a screenie. I did get a few google ads in the post boxes that had sound, but those were for TV-shows and you manually had to hit play in them. Couldn't get the auto-fire one to show again though.

I won't see it again as it prompted me to put AdBlock on my wife's laptop, if someone else hears it I'm sure they'll end up here and in this thread.

It was in the square slot that appears inside of posts, would have normally appeared in Scott's post above actually.

OMG yeah another one where I just ran my mouse over and scared the piss out of me... I can't remember which one cause I had to back up really quick or else I was going to toss speakers out the window. It was some womans voice for some house hold product like maybe a cleaning product.

If you find it please let me know as much details about it as possible with a screen shot so I can have the ad agencies remove them.

If you find it please let me know as much details about it as possible with a screen shot so I can have the ad agencies remove them.

Here is one that just popped up right when I was getting ready to respond to this message.... one of two I've seen so far but it came up with just a quick mouse over.

Looks like both could be Home Depot

soundad.jpg

Here is the exact same one right after I clicked to submit that last post and as soon as I ran mouse over it BOOM huge poppup and loud sound!

as you can see it even says "roll over for more"

soundad1.jpg

And ANOTHER!! :rant:

same thing.. ROLL OVER to see if your child is at risk..and sure enough just a small hint of mouse going over it BOOM HUGE popup and sound!

soundad2.jpg

I am not finding the Behr Paint on on any of our ad agencies, which means it might be "behaviorally targeted." based on other things you looked at or searched for.

That makes it a lot tougher for me to find. (As on those ads it will show me ads targeted for something I looked at or searched for before.

If you could next time you see one right click on the ad and select copy link location, or copy link or something like that and then paste it here. That will help me greatly narrow it down.

Believe me guys I don't want those types of ads running here I just want to pay the bills, not scare people away. (Just spent just over $11,000 on our new server last Sunday which is being delivered to our ISP tomorrow. Its not cheap to run a site like this.)

Thank you again for your help!

Hey Scott,I just got a Bud Light commercial with sound and I didn't even roll over the ad.I believe it said Adsource in the upper right corner.I'm pretty sure I didn't roll over the ad ,but I may have,I'm usually careful to avoid the ads just for the annoyance factor.

They are starting to all say Adsource in the corner so that dont help.

Please keep reporting them to me with as much details as possible so I can squish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)