Adult Programming Changes

We have several changes to the adult programming lineup that will take effect October 14, 2009. First, we are pleased to announce the launch of Hustler TV in both standard definition (“SD”) and high definition (“HD”), and Juicy and Reality Kings TV in SD!

We will also be updating the channel offerings for some adult programming subscriptions. Effective October 14, 2009, several adult channels will no longer be available. Additionally, the channel numbers for the adult programming lineup will be updated, effective October 14, 2009. Please continue reading for more details.

Launch of Hustler TV, Juicy and Reality Kings TV – Available October 14, 2009!

Great news! Effective October 14th three new adult programming channels will be available to DISH Network subscribers!

Hustler TV is the biggest name in adult entertainment, bringing you the hottest action on TV with top movies and big stars! Available in SD and HD.

Juicy features exotic beauties and sexy fantasies from around the globe. It's where amateur style meets fast-paced variety in all-action playlists. Available in SD only.

Reality Kings TV takes adult TV to the next level. The content everyone talks about is available here! Available in SD only.

Hustler SD is available in as PPV for $13.99 for a 90 min block or $29.99 / Month
Hustler HD is only available as PPV for $13.99 for 90 min block.

Juicy is available as PPV for $13.99 for a 90 Min block or $29.99 / month

Reality Kings TV is also available as PPV for $13.99 for a 90 min block or $29.99 / month.

Certain Channels No Longer Available – Effective October 14th, the following networks will no longer be available for both new and existing DISH Network customers:
o Club Jenna (channel 491)
o Penthouse TV (channel 495)
o SPICE:XCESS (channel 492)
o Shorteez (channel 487)

Effective October 14th, customers who currently subscribe to the channels listed above will begin receiving the following replacement programming. Please note that some customers will see a small price increase on their monthly billing statement.

People who subscribed to Penthouse TV at $24.99 a month will get Juicy for $29.99 a month (a $5 change)

Subscribers of SPICE:XCESS at $29.99 a month will get Hustler TV (SD) for $29.99 a month.

Subscribers of Club Jenna or Shorteez at $24.99 a month will get Hustler TV (SD) for $29.99 a month.

Subscribers who subscribed to SPICE:XCESS & Shortees for $39.99 will get Reality Kings TV / Hustler TV (SD) for $39.99

Subscribers to XTSY / PenthouseTV for $39.99 a month will get XSTY/Juicy for $39.99

Channel Number Changes – Also effective October 14th, the channel numbering of the networks in the adult programming lineup will change.
o Latino Channel Number Changes – Please note that this change also includes Playboy Español, which is moving from channel 498 to channel 487.

Adult Programming Channel Lineup
Effective October 14, 2009
Channel Number Network
499 Adult Showcase
498 Xtsy
497 Hustler TV (HD)
496 Hustler TV (SD)
495 Reality Kings TV
494 Juicy
493 Fresh!
492 Real
491 -
490 Adult Showcase
489 Playboy
488 Playboy Upgrade
487 Playboy Español
486 -
485 -
484 PPV
483 PPV
482 PPV
481 PPV
480 Adult Guard

And there you have it!

Well I'm not sure about this I was subbed to spice and got switched to hustler and the programming even though it is xxx, it's just not spice oriented.

For what its worth. I was told by a CSR that if you have a monthly subscription to Hustler SD, you also get the HD version along with it at no additional charge. Im getting the SD but the HD channel still says PPV. She said to give it a little time to show up.

For what its worth. I was told by a CSR that if you have a monthly subscription to Hustler SD, you also get the HD version along with it at no additional charge. Im getting the SD but the HD channel still says PPV. She said to give it a little time to show up.

Not going to happen Hustler HD is PPV only.

Dish much be made at Playboy today. We lost three Playboy channels today. Why!!!

Have no idea if it is related, but the chair of playboy, Scott Flanders used to be chair of Freedom communications - with whom Dish was feuding over HD pricing for their local affiliates. As soon as Flanders left Freedom, Dish and Freedom inked a deal for HD.

Dish thinks they can generate some additional revenue by only offering it as a PPV.

They could generate even more revenue if they'd let people in Tennessee see these channels. Some of them are blocked. I realize this is Tennessee's problem and not *E's.

I love having the government in my bedroom...

I don't see how local governments are allowed to interfere with interstate commerce. Dish should provide the channels to everyone, and take anyone who complains to federal court.

I don't see how local governments are allowed to interfere with interstate commerce. Dish should provide the channels to everyone, and take anyone who complains to federal court.

Is it a decency standard issue or an issue with the satellites he is aiming toward (or MPEG4 / Smartcard issue)? I didn't think that the community decency standards come into play unless you are dealing with free, broadcast content; making said content available to minors; publicly displaying it; etc. I mean, I'm sure that people in that area can access much worse than what dish has up on the internet or magazine subscriptions...

However, if it really is due to local obsenity laws, then so be it. Decency standards are (for the moment) one of the few rights still left up to individual communities and states... let's not invite big bro into that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)