Advanced HD monthly fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank raoul5788 and pandafish for your inputs.

I went ahead an called in to ask and the first girl that probably was from India didn't really have a clue what's going on, nor English. So I said I don't know if you're new here or not but you don't know what's going on and I said
can I talk to a supervisor that can answer my questions and then she tried to answer it again, so I said I'm going to hang up now and call back. So I did.

The next guy I'm assuming from India too but least new English enough I could understand, answered my question right away. He says yes you have it for life, and he said it shows that your free HD is on going with no term limit as long as you keep auto bill pay and keep your account open. So make sure you update your credit card as soon as you get a new one. So I'm convinced that I have Free HD for Life.
:up

Ok guys,
Those of you that no longer are getting your HD Free (for life or otherwise) call in and talk with them, they should add it back on if needed.

I just got off the phone with them, (be polite), won't get anywhere otherwise, why would someone that your pissed at offer you anything ?

As I said, I just got off the phone with them and discussed a number of things with them.

Started with mentioning that I was no longer getting my 24 months of HD free...

He pulled up my account and added it for another 24 months, didn't question it at all.
Then we moved on to the ST, (I've had it since I started with them) he originally offered me $40 off to $ 260 or something around there, I went on to something else and we came back to the ST, I discussed with him that I really didn't need the MAX package, after we talked about the mobile stuff and all, I suggested $ 199 for the Max package, he countered with $ 209 and I took it.

So I got the ST MAX for $ 209 and my HD Free renewed for another 24 months in oh maybe a 15 minute conversation.

Ok guys,
Those of you that no longer are getting your HD Free (for life or otherwise) call in and talk with them, they should add it back on if needed.

I just got off the phone with them, (be polite), won't get anywhere otherwise, why would someone that your pissed at offer you anything ?

As I said, I just got off the phone with them and discussed a number of things with them.

Started with mentioning that I was no longer getting my 24 months of HD free...

He pulled up my account and added it for another 24 months, didn't question it at all.
Then we moved on to the ST, (I've had it since I started with them) he originally offered me $40 off to $ 260 or something around there, I went on to something else and we came back to the ST, I discussed with him that I really didn't need the MAX package, after we talked about the mobile stuff and all, I suggested $ 199 for the Max package, he countered with $ 209 and I took it.

So I got the ST MAX for $ 209 and my HD Free renewed for another 24 months in oh maybe a 15 minute conversation.

Congrats enjoy and thats is the best way to handle it when talking with them is being nice and polite and patient and you usually get more :)

I've been nothing both polite and patient with them for a year but they've done nothing but jerk me around while not honoring their mover's connection offer made to us last year. Sometimes there is such a thing as being too polite. It makes you wonder whether they just try to jerk you around enough so that you'll just bend over and take it. I was promised 24 months of HD and it disappeared after 9 which I didn't notice for months. Perhaps that's why they think they can jerk me around.

It also helps to CC Mike White (mike.white at directv com ) and Pat Doyle ( patrick.doyle at directv com ) as well. I have a different address for Ellen eafilipiak at directv com

Be sure to include your phone number and the email address listed on your account. Somebody will get back to you ,usually within a (business) day. These email addresses are readily available online if you look hard enough.

I called to see about having the credit re-applied. I was told that was no longer available, but the CSR offered me a $5 credit for 12 months. I took it, and shortly after that my wife told me that some channels were missing. I went into my account and noticed that the CSR had changed my package. Went from Choice Extra Classic to Choice Extra. I didn't authorize this and was never told the package would be changed. ARRRRGH! Going to call in now to complain, but I have a feeling that they won't be able to reinstate a legacy package ... so in the end, I'll actually end up paying MORE!

Yep. Price is now the same. It used to be a few bucks less. But we still do get a few more channels.

Same price....from a post a month ago

So now it is just six channels that are "grandfathered" for Choice Xtra Classic:
Boomerang
Chiller
NHL Network
PBS Sprout
Style
Tennis Channel

Thank for that list Iceberg. Since none of those channels are of interest to me, I can safely go to the current Choice Xtra and not lose anything of value to me. Makes it easier to fiddle with programming changes.

I wouldn't have noticed, if not for my wife who likes Chiller. It didn't take long before I was informed it was gone!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)