Advanced HD monthly fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
So my year ran out for my discount and I could swear that directv said that when I sign up for auto pay that I would not have to pay for HD for good. Now either I looked at it wrong or they changed something in the past year as far as auto pay requirments. So the question is there anyway around paying for HD?

My two years of free HD ran out this past month, so I called up and complained. Got it free for another 12 months.

My two years of free HD ran out this past month, so I called up and complained. Got it free for another 12 months.

Well that is probably what i'll do, but you would think if you do them a favor with auto pay which makes billing easy for them that it would be permanent.

So my year ran out for my discount and I could swear that directv said that when I sign up for auto pay that I would not have to pay for HD for good. Now either I looked at it wrong or they changed something in the past year as far as auto pay requirments. So the question is there anyway around paying for HD?

Did you start getting the free hd as a new customer? If so, it should stay on your account forever. Give them a call.

I agree. I believe new customers get it free for life? I've been a customer for 14 years... I think I should get it free for life.

Did you start getting the free hd as a new customer? If so, it should stay on your account forever. Give them a call.

Yeah I believe so because they said as long as I sign up for auto pay that I would have to worry about paying for HD and that was when I signed with them.

raoul5788 said:

I believe they refer to "life" as the life of your contract. Therefore, if you give them 24 months it's free but the 25th is where the charge comes in. I THINK this is how it works but I could be wrong

I learned to watch and read my bill very closely. The "free HD for life" that I got as a new customer two years ago disappeared at one point, even with my auto pay. I called and the CSR put it back on as a discount for 12 months. He told me that when I downgraded my package that I lost the free HD for life. It then disappeared again within the year and I called again. CSR told me that she could put it back on as a discount for 12 months. I guess I'll be calling every 12 months or so. And to think, the option when I took the free HD for life was that or NFL Sunday Ticket for free. I wonder how long the free HD for life offer will hold up. My guess is "not life" LOL.

I signed up almost exactly two years ago. When I signed up, the promotion was free HD for life with auto-pay. The only change I've ever made to my account was removing the HBO/Showtime stuff when the initial promotion ended. I've never changed my main package, Choice Xtra (Classic). The credit appears on my bill as:
Advanced Receiver-HD HD For Life w/Auto Bill Pay
Haven't had any problems (yet).

The bottom line is, as long as you have auto bill pay active and the Entertainment package or higher, you should not be paying the $10 HD fee. If the "Advanced Receiver-HD HD For Life w/Auto Bill Pay" option is now grandfathered and CSRs can't add it to your account, then I guess you need to call in every 12 months and have them put the 12 month promotion back on. Maybe if you complain about this enough they'll add it on "for life", or maybe this is something only retention can do. Free HD with auto bill pay is the industry standard now. Don't ever let them talk you into paying it.

programming package is debatable as to which package is the minimum

According to Directv mine requires at least Choice (I am on month 20 of the HD)

Well I gave them a call and for some reason my online account was not showing the discount, but it is showing on their end. So I still get a paper statement for reviewing purposes more or less and the lady said it will be showing on it. As for the discount time period she said it is showing indefinite, I just have to keep auto pay.

andrewj0781 said:
I swear I got mine for Life but mine only says HD Access Free HD Access w/Auto Bill Pay.

I believe it's because one of the conditions of "for life" was to have auto bill pay.

During my yearly ST phone call, they renewed my HD/free credit for 24 months. My previous free HD 2-yr credit had expired last month.

Thank raoul5788 and pandafish for your inputs.

I went ahead an called in to ask and the first girl that probably was from India didn't really have a clue what's going on, nor English. So I said I don't know if you're new here or not but you don't know what's going on and I said
can I talk to a supervisor that can answer my questions and then she tried to answer it again, so I said I'm going to hang up now and call back. So I did.

The next guy I'm assuming from India too but least new English enough I could understand, answered my question right away. He says yes you have it for life, and he said it shows that your free HD is on going with no term limit as long as you keep auto bill pay and keep your account open. So make sure you update your credit card as soon as you get a new one. So I'm convinced that I have Free HD for Life.

Thank raoul5788 and pandafish for your inputs.

I went ahead an called in to ask and the first girl that probably was from India didn't really have a clue what's going on, nor English. So I said I don't know if you're new here or not but you don't know what's going on and I said
can I talk to a supervisor that can answer my questions and then she tried to answer it again, so I said I'm going to hang up now and call back. So I did.

The next guy I'm assuming from India too but least new English enough I could understand, answered my question right away. He says yes you have it for life, and he said it shows that your free HD is on going with no term limit as long as you keep auto bill pay and keep your account open. So make sure you update your credit card as soon as you get a new one. So I'm convinced that I have Free HD for Life.

:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts