Advice for multi-room FTA devices

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Boday

Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
TX
Hi everyone,
Please, can anyone tell me if there are multi-room FTA devices? I am new to this, as a matter of fact, this is a fact-finding mission for me. I have not acquired any device yet but hoping to if I can get what I need from FTA.
I also want to inquire if there are good children/family oriented stations out there on FTA.

Thank you all.
Boday.

Please, can anyone tell me if there are multi-room FTA devices?
As far as I know there is no multi-room devices as such. Now what I do which might be an answer for you is to use a Channel Plus 3015/3025 distribution system which is what I do. I feed the output of five FTA and four 920 receivers into 5 of them, each has there own channel number and is available to all my TV's in the house and outside shop.An they make do remote control extenders devices so you can switch channels from other locations.Check out Ebay number for one style. 390286328677

I also want to inquire if there are good children/family oriented stations out there on FTA

The only one's I've seen are the PBS stations and a ION station. You might check the satellite list here or at MPEG for maybe others.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Please, can anyone tell me if there are multi-room FTA devices?

Tell us more about how you want to use a multi-room system.

Several ways of multi-room sharing.
1. Each room has a satellite receiver connected to a multi-output LNBF for individual viewing and channel selection. see examples of multiple room solutions at: http://satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_cat=413
2. Split the output of one receiver and all connected TVs watch the same programming.
3. Share recorded programming from one satellite device via LAN with other rooms with connected media players or PCs.
4. A modulated system as described by Sergei where each channel has a dedicated receiver and modulated and combined for viewing on multiple TVs.

To expand on a couple of points by SatAV ...

- regarding multiple rooms and multiple output LNBFs...
Once you get beyond a four-output LNBF, and when you want to receive multiple satellites all at once, you might want to set up a system with switches to allow all receivers access to selected satellites.
This page in the Switch FAQ shows eight LNBFs (satellites) and four receivers.
It can easily be expanded to eight receivers with commonly available parts.
And it's not nearly as complicated as it looks - it's actually quite simple and modular.

- I recently put a Western Digital Live Plus media player on line with a 42" LCD TV.
It plays both from local USB drives and from video recorded or downloaded to several computers on my house LAN.
Has a remote, and handles .AVI, .MPG3 & MPG4, .MKV, h.264, in SD, HD, 4:2:1 and 4:2:2.
Even does Youtube and Netflix and other services from the internet.
It would be very easy to restrict your children to specific drives filled with selected material, if desired.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)