Advice Needed for Multi 211z setup

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
I need some advice/direction on a somewhat complicated setup. I've primarily dealt with TiVo & DirecTV myself, but have been asked by a friend to help them setup a fairly complicated Dish Network powered video wall type setup.

I'm looking at a setup involving at least 3, possibly even 4 or 5 211z Dish Network receivers in the same location operating on the Eastern Arc.

My question is what is the simplest cable path to do this as far as the Dish itself goes? I've seen wiring diagrams that show three 211's with three coax cables coming from the Dish- one to each of them, but is there an easier way? And what happens if you have box 4, and/or box 5?

Also, is there a good solution to controlling each box independently using the included Dish remotes when they are all located in the same spot? I've read horror stories searching previous threads about Dish remote addresses, etc?

I need some advice/direction on a somewhat complicated setup. I've primarily dealt with TiVo & DirecTV myself, but have been asked by a friend to help them setup a fairly complicated Dish Network powered video wall type setup.

I'm looking at a setup involving at least 3, possibly even 4 or 5 211z Dish Network receivers in the same location operating on the Eastern Arc.

My question is what is the simplest cable path to do this as far as the Dish itself goes? I've seen wiring diagrams that show three 211's with three coax cables coming from the Dish- one to each of them, but is there an easier way? And what happens if you have box 4, and/or box 5?

Also, is there a good solution to controlling each box independently using the included Dish remotes when they are all located in the same spot? I've read horror stories searching previous threads about Dish remote addresses, etc?
There is no easier way.
You have to have 2 DPP44s switches if you want 5 211z receivers.

If you are Eastern arc, you need 2 runs.
1 from the 61.5 , and 1 from the 72.7 slot on the EA2 LNB.
(Western arc requires all 3 runs.)
They go to the DPP44 , that gives you 4 receivers.
It also requires a Power Inserter, which would just go into one of your receiver locations, Just make sure you connect it to the bottom port all the way to the left.

If you want 5 Receivers , you have to add another DPP44, and it connects directly to the other DPP44 with , and same thing, It requires power so you would need another PI.

Or you can Just put up 2 Dish 1000.2
And then you can run 6 home runs for six 211 receivers.
Personally that's what I would do.
Far less trouble-shooting

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

And just to add, remotes shouldn't be a problem.
There are multiple addresses that can be used.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like the most "future proof" setup would be to run two cables from the satellite location to where the receiver rack will be located, and put the DPP44 there. That way he's set down the road if he wants to go to 4 or even higher.

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like the most "future proof" setup would be to run two cables from the satellite location to where the receiver rack will be located, and put the DPP44 there. That way he's set down the road if he wants to go to 4 or even higher.
If He is Eastern arc.
I would run 3 cables anyway.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well, I have another suggestion.
Not sure if it's an option for you.
But You could Get Directv.
Get up to 4 H25 installed for free.

Directv has LNBs that does 8 tuners and 13 tuners with Just a single Home run to a Splitter..

Far cheaper and cleaner than dish has right now.
And the H25 and Vip211z IMO are bullet proof.
Directv Also has an H44 that uses clients up to 3 live rooms.
Installed the same way.

Just some things to think about.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I fail to see why a DP34 wouldn't work just as well for 211's. Is it just because there is no way to add a DP32 to a 1000.4 or 1000.2EA LNB?
The DP34 may work but you should use the DPP44 with all DPP LNBs.
From the 1000.4 install guide.
Note: The DPP 1000.4 Eastern Arc LNBF is NOT compatible with DISH Pro switches or the DISH Pro Plus 33 Switch in any installation.
Note: The DPP 1000.4 Western Arc LNBF is NOT compatible with DISH Pro switches or the DISH Pro Plus 33 switch in any installation.

I know that these switches have been found to work but they are not approved or recommended.

Reactions: Troch77
I fail to see why a DP34 wouldn't work just as well for 211's. Is it just because there is no way to add a DP32 to a 1000.4 or 1000.2EA LNB?
You guys and the old switches.
The PI isn't a big deal, since it can sit right next to your 211 if you wish.

I know that the only reason people try and recommend the DP34s.

Says right here, it's recommend for Dish Pro technology.
62cd7ee84f206053466494bfa15f26e2.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

The DP34 sounds like a better option, just because it eliminates another wall wart. I'll suggest that to him. It will be strictly an Eastern Arc setup, so do you really need the 3rd cable for future proofing? There will be no other boxes as part of this, strictly 211z's.

I realize this would be much simpler with DirecTV, but there are specific reasons my friend needs/has to use Dish vs. DirecTV. I'm just the drafted technical advisor in this situation.

Reactions: navychop
I know that these switches have been found to work but they are not approved or recommended.

Really? I didn't know it worked at all!

The cheap fix for this sorry situation is an EA yoke which doesn't exist, and individual DP LNBs.

And oh by the way, when will 17 Wally's be allowed on the new hybrid LNB?

I understand DirecTV's patents on SWM play a big factor in it, but as much money as Dish has spent developing their Hopper and other hardware you think they would have found easier ways to deal with complicated and multi-receiver setups by now. It's crazy that you can't use this LNB with this type of receiver, or switch, or that you can't pair any type of old receiver with a Hopper 3. In this case I think he's going to start with three 211z receivers (and three home run cables) from an Eastern Arc dish, and then if he needs to add a 4th or 5th later will add the DPP44 switch. I don't see it going over 4 based on his current plans because he is using OTA antenna feeds as well.

One reason for using the 211z is the ability to do DVR on some of them for the flat $40 fee vs a monthly charge

I believe the Wally can do that too. Plus the Wally can at some time in the not too distant future be added (up to 16) on one cable from the dish, using the hybrid LNB. What's not to like about that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts