Advice needed on swithching to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

beastridge

Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
I am a former Voom subscriber and current awful cable subscriber. I am looking at the new Dish offerings with HD. I have one HDTV and 3 SDTVs that I will be connecting. I would like to have at least one dvr, possibly two. If anyone would care to steer me in the right direction,(what equipment, best place to purchase and how much) it would be much appreciated. BTW, this is my first post. Thanks in advance.

Shane

I would go with the 622 HD DVR, it would supply your HDTV and 1 SDTV and a 625 SD DVR, it would supply the other 2 SDTV's. I would use a local installer 1st choice as long as he has a good reputation. This depends on cabling in place and the available option to possible add cabling if needed. You will incur DVR fees unless you go with the Everything pack.

Last edited:
:welcome :hatsoff: i second that!!! and would suggest to make shure you also get a new dish the 1000.2 its a upgrade to the old dish. they are supposed to be out soon but they will prob get rid of the old style first. so make shure you get the new one. call up dish and just ask sometimes they give something extra if they like you. hint hint be very nice!!!and in advance welcome to dish network!

What does the 1000.2 dish do that previous models don't. Should I request this when I place an order?

Thanks
Shane

The new dish 1000.02 is the replacement that supposedly gives you better signal strength on the 129 sat since it is an inch bigger and the arm mast is longer . It also will allow you to plug another dish into the built in dish pro plus 44 switch so you can see 4 satellites. I don't know if it is available yet but I am sure it is expensive to get alone. You ought to wait till they are more widespread available. You can check online store sights for the new dish at either: www.dishdepot.com or www.dishstore.net .

Last edited: