Advice needed ... RE: HD upgrade

ndcoop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
I have a HDTV arriving next week. I currently have only SD service and plan to upgrade to HD. Would you wait until the TV arrives to upgrade the service? Or, upgrade the service so it is ready when the TV arrives? I currently have a 625 dual tuner which serves two TV's, both of which are SD only. My concern would be if the tech guy could set everything up for HD with only SD televisions. Thanks in advance for any help.

Upgrade now

They can hook the HD Boxes to your current TV's with component or RCA Jacks.
Until you get your new HDTV.

Your concern is valid. I would wait, so that the cabling (HDMI or component) is done, HD settings are set on the receiver, etc. It also gives you time to get acquainted with your new toy before another new toy comes into the mix.

I bought my TV on a Saturday and the upgrade install the following Friday, worked out well to test everything, etc. while installers were still on site. Not a big deal to live with SD for a few days. Also makes the HD picture look that much better.:)

I had an HD DVR connected with component cables to a SD TV in our living room for over three years before I replaced the TV with a HD flat panel. With the component cables the picture on a HD channel was MUCH better that the SD version of the channel from a SD receiver. Plus, I could watch HD only channels such as HD Net, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)