Advice on getting 2nd hopper w/ sling for free ( new customer)

storey13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
I signed up for Dish yesterday with an install date of 7/19/14. I currently have a Hopper w/sling and a Super Joey set for installation, but really wanted the 2nd hopper w/sling for free, but the rep via chat wouldn't budge. Any tips or tricks on getting the 2nd hopper for free before install date?

Shouldn't happen. There is an upgrade fee for a second Hopper with Sling. Maybe you can wait a while and do the Dish'N It Up promotion and you could possibly swap out the Super Joey with a Hopper with Sling for free. You'd have to renew a 24 month commitment again though.

You'd have to renew a 24 month commitment again though.

But remember the new 24 month term starts on the date of the upgrade. It is not 24 months added on to the current term, so it could be a extension of the existing contract by only a few months.

I'm curious, did you ask for the install date to be pushed out so far? Or is that the soonest you could get? It's so slow here STILL, they're scheduling same day installs...

Guys! OP is a NEW CUSTOMER and his install will be done on 7/19/14. He has no contract yet so no DIU is necessary nor possible.
Storey13, just call 1 (866) 688-3274 and MODIFY your work order. You should have no problem getting 2nd free hopper in place of super joey.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: storey13
Guys! OP is a NEW CUSTOMER and his install will be done on 7/19/14. He has no contract yet so no DIU is necessary nor possible.
Storey13, just call 1 (866) 688-3274 and MODIFY your work order. You should have no problem getting 2nd free hopper in place of super joey.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Why should he get a second Hopper for free? A second Hopper with Sling requires and upfront fee for all new customers. It's no different if you signed up new and wanted two 722k receivers, the second 722k requires an upfront fee. There really should not be any exceptions here.

I'm curious, did you ask for the install date to be pushed out so far? Or is that the soonest you could get? It's so slow here STILL, they're scheduling same day installs...

No, I am waiting till the 19th because of the free multi-sports pack offer thru 12/31 that starts on 7/17. I could of had it installed the next day if I wanted to.

No, I am waiting till the 19th because of the free multi-sports pack offer thru 12/31 that starts on 7/17. I could of had it installed the next day if I wanted to.

So did you already get signed up and just pushed the install date to the 17th?

I signed up already, but pushed the install date to the 19th (Saturday).

You may want to call in and ask to make sure you'll get the Multi-Sports promo. Promos like this usually go by the day the customer is qualified and not by the day the equipment is activated. I'd call and ask and if they guarantee you will get it for free otherwise you may need to cancel that work order and then sign up again on the 17th.

You may want to call in and ask to make sure you'll get the Multi-Sports promo. Promos like this usually go by the day the customer is qualified and not by the day the equipment is activated. I'd call and ask and if they guarantee you will get it for free otherwise you may need to cancel that work order and then sign up again on the 17th.

I guess I will wait until the 17th and call in and see, and then if they don't budge, I will cancel and reorder.

I guess I will wait until the 17th and call in and see, and then if they don't budge, I will cancel and reorder.

OK, just making sure since I know you were waiting so you could get the Multi-Sports pack for free. Usually we have to enter that on the work order at the time of the sale and since the promo hasn't started yet it was not put on your work order.

You won't have to cancel and reorder. Just make sure they modify your existing work order after the 17th prior to account activation.

You guys are missing a huge point here. 2 hoppers requires you have a minimum of one Joey on NC. There has been no mention of a third set. Just the hopper and super Joey. Loyalty might be able to change that within ten days after the install, but I don't think sales can do anything.

You guys are missing a huge point here. 2 hoppers requires you have a minimum of one Joey on NC. There has been no mention of a third set. Just the hopper and super Joey. Loyalty might be able to change that within ten days after the install, but I don't think sales can do anything.

So I have to have a Joey also? Doh! We were going to activate a Virtual Joey on a PS3 after the install date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)