Advice on Sat Buddy 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yankeetechinKy

Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
kentucky
Hiya Fellow Satellite slingers :)

I am in the verge of purchasing a Sat Buddy 2 to replace my channelmaster basic meter. My usually installs are Dish pro Plus LNB's on the Dish 500 and 1000.2 and now the new 1000.4 setup for the eastern Arc. Basically, I know this is a peaking meter, and I use an Inclinometer before I install my Dish, Sooo if anyone using one, are their any special steps to follow or can I just say on a 500 install using a Dish pro plus twin just plug into port one and sweep for highest tone? Any advise appreciated.

Good luck. I have done a few 1000.4's with channelmaster meter. No kidding-fine tuning the dish takes 1.5 days! Trying to get all sat.'s on dish is tough with these because they only read signal strength and don't identify which sat you're getting. Running in for check switches or using a test TV and reciever outside are the only way to do it. Learn to use the elevation bolt and azimuth fine-tune hardware on the polar. A quarter turn on that el. setting bolt can get or lose a satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts