advice on Winegard 7694P antenna installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

saintbaud

Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
morganville, NJ
OTA HD Channels in Morganville,NJ

I live in Morganville NJ (zip 07751). I am looking for advise on recommended antenna for over-the-air HD TV channels.

Specifically, I need to know:

1. Type & Model of antenna: indoor, outdoor, attic antenna, UHF, VHF, etc.
2. Do I need a signal amplifier? a Rotor?
3. can I share the antenna signal between two HD TV, since I am planing to get another TV.

I have a Samsung LN52B750 series TV, and live in a two level family home.

Your advise is appreciated.

welcome :wave

The best option right now since we dont have a lot of info is can you post your tvfool report?

tvfool.com

It will show us how far the towers are away and would give us more info to help give you better info.

I'd start with a Winegard 1080HD outside aimed at 30 degrees. You posted zip code 07751, your TV fool shows Hi VHF and UHF about 30 miles distant.

I suggest nothing less than the Winegard 7694 mounted outside if powering 2 TV's. Aim the antenna N/NE. A rotor won't be needed unless looking for stations other than those from NYC.

The VHF stations in NYC are too low powered for anything less than a real VHF/UHF antenna. As Iceberg mentioned above, A TV FOOL report would be helpful for a more precise recommendation. Your address will not appear when posted here.

The Channel Master CM 3671. BIGGER IS BETTER!!! WOOT WOOT. This puppy is 173"x110" and will pick up signals from 120 miles away. I've read some people have gotten further than that. I just got one. I live in Chautauqua County,KS. I can get Tulsa, OK, Wichita KS and even Joplin, MO. FCC says Dish must give me Tulsa for locals but they don't cover my area. So I bought this antenna so I can point it wherever I want :)

You are line-of-sight (LOS) to the Empire State Building, so a huge antenna is not needed, the Winegard 7694 should do you fine.

Winegard 7694, point it toward the Empire State Building, you have line-of-sight from your roof.

Pre-amp might not be necessary, but if splitting the signal results in dropouts on one or both TV's, a pre amp can be added. At your distances a Channel Master 7777 or similar pre-amp would more than overcone line and splitter losses.

You do not have to do everything at once, put up the antenna and enjoy it, when you add the second TV re-evaluate the need for a pre-amp.

Last edited:
I recently ordered my winegard Hd-7694P antenna from amazon.com. I am planing to install it on my roof near the chinmea; I live in a two level family home in Morganville, 07751.

1. can you share tips on installing this antenna?
2. How a big and tall a pipe do I need?
3. Do I need any special bracket to attach antenna to the chimney?
4. Will this antenna work in the attic? This is a fallback option.

TV Fool Report:

Thanks for your guidance
SaintBaud

I can't see your house or the topography of your site. Yes you will need a mounting bracket for the chimney but I have no idea what your chimney looks like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)