Advice rqst - HBO,Starz,etc.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KeithQ

Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
DFW
Hey folks, just joined and about to sign up for Voom. Can't decide which one of the plus packs to choose. Any advice? Only want to do one of the movie channels since we are also going to have Comcast digital (but not their limited HD selection).

We've been on cable for several years with Cinemax, Starz, HBO, Encore and recently lost all of them since Comcast decided to move all premiums to digital and we were analog. (We're moving to a new home end of the month so I am switching to digital for 'net access and Voom for HD.)

Comments, suggestions? Any of the plus packs have more HD than others, better quality, less upconverted vs true HD?

And when are they going to pick up HDNet?

Cheers.
Keith Q

The Starz Package includes Encore channels. I had the VaVAVoom package when I signed up. Now I am down to Starz package, which I will probably end up dropping too and joining a DVD movie club, like NetFlix.

keithQ,

welcome. Each plus pack has its good and its bad. HBO gets a lot of series and movies. Starz and Encore gets a lot of the new releases. Some are in true HD others are not but they are as good as DVD quality (if not better).

HDnet nobody knows and it does not look like it is going to be anytime soon.

I used to have a subscription to NetFlix but I dropped it. The DVDs did not look as good as the HD feed from the Premium Channels. The only drawback is that these movies will not show up on HD as soon as on DVD. I have decided that this is not a big deal for me and I rather wait. Good luck with your selection.

still thinking

Appreciate the advice. I liked Starz but then some of the HBO content was entertaining as well. We do watch a lot of movies, mostly rented or owned...

After reading some of the comments about Playboy, I might have to reconsider!

Thanks.
KeithQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)