This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Advice to find best ku motorized system

Lol. Yeah. Just a joke. Lol. I didnt even know you could buy a dish this big! What could you get with a 15 that a 10 couldnt get thats the question?! Lol.

You can get dishes much bigger than that if you have the bucks. I worked with 6 meter dishes when I worked for Harris Corporation. Anyway, the 15 foot dish is more focused which makes it more difficult to align it (especially on Ku band frequencies). A 10 footer would be adequate, for now, but it may be necessary to go to a 15 footer when new modulation schemes come out. I suppose it's possible that they could go to 1 degree spacing of the satellites which would require a larger dish.

If you are serious, I woul go no smaller than a 1.2 meter Ku dish, preferably a 1.8 for the S2 signal using high FEC's . I have a 1.2 Andrews on a modded polar mount with the original ortho feed and a pair of norsats, and still miss some feeds. I have been on a quest for a 1.8 meter.

...I have been on a quest for a 1.8 meter.

Check out any Edward Jones facilities if you have them in your area. They transitioned from satellite to internet a few years ago and I still see the dishes at some of their locations, not being used.

I have gotten 2 of the 1.8s (both free) this way. Stopped to inquire about another about 2 years ago and they told me that Edward Jones had sent out a companywide memo that the dishes were going to be removed by contractors, but that one is still there.

1.8 meter may be the way to go but I don't think anyone makes a USALS motor that'll handle that size of dish. You'll probably have to go to an actuator.

probably a decent setup but it's in the UK, so the cost of shipping it to the US would probably make it crazy expensive... Might as well spend that money on a 120cm from GeoSatPro

probably a decent setup but it's in the UK, so the cost of shipping it to the US would probably make it crazy expensive... Might as well spend that money on a 120cm from GeoSatPro
Exactly. Why ship something regular from so far away? If it was a special product, maybe you could justify. To reduce the cost of shipping a dish inside the U.S., is there any chance somebody near you also wants a 1.2m dish? You could then share shipping cost.

Reactions: Bongu
I have seen there are better rates for shipping 4 of these to a single point. Find peeps that want one that are within a 2 hour drive and share the shipping costs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using the SatelliteGuys app!