Advice to find best ku motorized system

Lol. Yeah. Just a joke. Lol. I didnt even know you could buy a dish this big! What could you get with a 15 that a 10 couldnt get thats the question?! Lol.

You can get dishes much bigger than that if you have the bucks. I worked with 6 meter dishes when I worked for Harris Corporation. Anyway, the 15 foot dish is more focused which makes it more difficult to align it (especially on Ku band frequencies). A 10 footer would be adequate, for now, but it may be necessary to go to a 15 footer when new modulation schemes come out. I suppose it's possible that they could go to 1 degree spacing of the satellites which would require a larger dish.

If you are serious, I woul go no smaller than a 1.2 meter Ku dish, preferably a 1.8 for the S2 signal using high FEC's . I have a 1.2 Andrews on a modded polar mount with the original ortho feed and a pair of norsats, and still miss some feeds. I have been on a quest for a 1.8 meter.

...I have been on a quest for a 1.8 meter.

Check out any Edward Jones facilities if you have them in your area. They transitioned from satellite to internet a few years ago and I still see the dishes at some of their locations, not being used.

I have gotten 2 of the 1.8s (both free) this way. Stopped to inquire about another about 2 years ago and they told me that Edward Jones had sent out a companywide memo that the dishes were going to be removed by contractors, but that one is still there.

What do yall think of this setup? It is aluminum but is 1.1 meter and says it is 41.2 db

probably a decent setup but it's in the UK, so the cost of shipping it to the US would probably make it crazy expensive... Might as well spend that money on a 120cm from GeoSatPro

probably a decent setup but it's in the UK, so the cost of shipping it to the US would probably make it crazy expensive... Might as well spend that money on a 120cm from GeoSatPro
Exactly. Why ship something regular from so far away? If it was a special product, maybe you could justify. To reduce the cost of shipping a dish inside the U.S., is there any chance somebody near you also wants a 1.2m dish? You could then share shipping cost.

Reactions: Bongu
Exactly. Why ship something regular from so far away? If it was a special product, maybe you could justify. To reduce the cost of shipping a dish inside the U.S., is there any chance somebody near you also wants a 1.2m dish? You could then share shipping cost.
I have seen there are better rates for shipping 4 of these to a single point. Find peeps that want one that are within a 2 hour drive and share the shipping costs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)