Advise on Switch from E* to D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tweaver999

Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
After 5 years with Dish I am feedup because of the 921 DVR. It is the worse piece of electronic gear that I have ever seen from ANY company. When it works it is great, the HD recordings are fantastic.... however with each new software release it becomes more unreiable... to the point I use my old RePlayTV to record SD stuff.
Anyway, I want to switch and get the TivioHD recorder.. but..
1. I have heard that d* may drop this receiver?? true
2. I have remote network channels from LA and NYC and want to keep them without going thru the looong request process again.... I live in the mts. above denver and do have local networks off the sat. I get CBSHD from NYC also. Can I do this with e*???
3. Is the Tivo box reliable with both SD and HD recordings??
4. Any other problems when making the switch???
5. Should I not switch and hope for a new box from e*.. In my opinion the 921 will NEVER work dependaly.
Any info would be great...

thanks

movin on up ....to the east side to that DEluxe sat in the sky

what in gods name keeps you people giving chuckles the clown your money???

1. Someday, likely by the end of 2005, DIRECTV will have it's second generation HD DVR.

2. Likely yes, but I can't guaranty your local stations will automatically give permission for your to get distant locals.

3. Very reliable for SD and HD and the best DVR interface and hardware available.

4. None whatsoever, you will love DIRECTV and especially with our HD DVR.

5. Only you can decide, but I can tell you that I have worked with many thousands of very happy prior E* customers and I have honestly never heard of any D* customer switching to E*.

If you switch you will love D* and our HD DVR services and product.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)