AEP = end of offers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xan99

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Central Texas
I've had the everything pack for about 4 years. I did get the Hd for life promo for a new commitment. I'm on auto billpay. Since you get 'everything' you never can get promos, free or discounted premiums, etc, and of course free previews are meaningless. So pretty much other than your first year are you just on send your check autopilot without any offers? I remember one time getting some free PPV's which was nice, but as I recall that was for the service outage we all had. It's true you do get the package 'discount' for ordering so much programming, but really it's a lot of overlap as even one movie channel will pay what the other had last month, etc., so maybe it's worth checking a downgrade. Interested to know if this is the same as others' experiences. Guess its worth shopping around or comparing every once and a while.

imho Aep isn't worth the money.Now the savings are minimal.Not to mention the name everything doesn't apply.No bb@home and no multisport pack so definitely not everything.Right now dish is offering HBO,Starz,and/or Showtime for half off for 6mos.Thats a much better deal imo.We have stuck with At250 for yrs but recently they have started moving some of those channels down to At200 and haven't added anything back to At250 if not for 4 or 5 channels we would downgrade to At200.

Depends how much you want the limited time free previews, and how much you watch the movie channels you have. I settled with the TOP250 and HBO, and just catch the free previews, or sometimes the special prices for Starz or Showtime. Keep in mind even going to TOP250 generally the only previews you will get is the movie ones. Recent exceptions have been the NBC sports channel, and a couple of others.

Good points. The 200 or 250 and HBO probably would be better bang for the buck with little sacrifice and could get some promos now and then while shaving off extra programming. Invariably I have the sports multipack at least half the year as well, which of course isn't part of 'everything' as Teehar mentions and is another fee. I have the BB pack as well.

I've had the everything pack for about 4 years. I did get the Hd for life promo for a new commitment. I'm on auto billpay. Since you get 'everything' you never can get promos, free or discounted premiums, etc, and of course free previews are meaningless. So pretty much other than your first year are you just on send your check autopilot without any offers? I remember one time getting some free PPV's which was nice, but as I recall that was for the service outage we all had. It's true you do get the package 'discount' for ordering so much programming, but really it's a lot of overlap as even one movie channel will pay what the other had last month, etc., so maybe it's worth checking a downgrade. Interested to know if this is the same as others' experiences. Guess its worth shopping around or comparing every once and a while.

One thing I've learned, if you don't ask you don't get. I'm in your situation, I have complained about free promos and offers to entice new signups but as subscribed customer not being offered anything.
I've never been stiffed, I have received discounts, credits, PPV's and deals on equipment, but you have to ask. Don't call Dish, contact a DIRT member, they seem to have more authority and a grasp of how to make a deal.

Not sure but I think the answer is to either 1)down-grade, 2) complain, or 3) keep making those monthly payments as there are no new offers once you have AEP.

There are offers. Just not as maney
I really really don't want to come across as a whiner, I'm just looking for any promos available for those on AEP. I haven't received any offers in mail, online, or phone; I wouldn't even know about the new receiver if I hadn't read about it here, but I'm sticking to my 722. Please post if you've received a particular offer while having AEP, I'll see if I qualify for it as well. I just feel left out since upgrading to AEP way back when.

As an AEP sub you are already getting discounts in your package vs At250+4premiums.

Dish give free previews to let their subs know what they are missing & hopefully get some subs to upgrade their package

Just keep reading this forum. Everytime I see a promo mentioned here I call in and get a deal. When they offered free premiums, I asked for $40 off my price for 3 months. They couln't do that but gave me free platinum. So I saved $10 a month but for a year. It still saved $120. Dish should change the name of AEP to 250 with premiums or make AEP mean Almost Everything Package.

Just keep reading this forum. Everytime I see a promo mentioned here I call in and get a deal. When they offered free premiums, I asked for $40 off my price for 3 months. They couln't do that but gave me free platinum. So I saved $10 a month but for a year. It still saved $120. Dish should change the name of AEP to 250 with premiums or make AEP mean Almost Everything Package.
+1

Presto! Thanks for the advice guys, the offers never show up on my online page, but when I called they said I qualified for several offers. Got the premium discount for 6 months and 3 months sports multi-pack. Definitely worth picking up the phone and asking!

xan99 said:
Presto! Thanks for the advice guys, the offers never show up on my online page, but when I called they said I qualified for several offers. Got the premium discount for 6 months and 3 months sports multi-pack. Definitely worth picking up the phone and asking!

Were you offered playboy for 3 months

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)