after 15 years, i really dont get much

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
Hi.
After being a Loyal customer for over 15 years, I am so tempted to sign on with direct. even if it is for 2 years my payments will be 1/2. why doesn't dish reward long time customers? i am not talking about 6month siscount on a movie channel......and after direct, i will do the same thing.
the hopper 3 is great, but we all get the same programing no matter who you are with....

Hi.
After being a Loyal customer for over 15 years, I am so tempted to sign on with direct. even if it is for 2 years my payments will be 1/2. why doesn't dish reward long time customers? i am not talking about 6month siscount on a movie channel......and after direct, i will do the same thing.
the hopper 3 is great, but we all get the same programing no matter who you are with....

Why not read some of the threads here - many of them - about deals DISH has - and I don't mean 6 month discounts on a movie channel. Over the last few weeks there has been hundreds - thousands of posts about current customer deals. Or contact DIRT they can give details.

Reactions: bspei
Hi.

Please send a PM with your phone number and PIN, I would be happy to review your account.

Are you aware of the new Flex Pack? That may be another option for you. I'm running my bill around $50-60 now by swapping in and out add-on packs as needed.

Reactions: voodooevil
I got an iPad, ps4, Xbox, loyalty credits and more credits from raf than I can count.

Reactions: fbara
I've been with Dish 18 years and had discovered that with longevity, deals are there if you ask. The key is giving them a commitment in exchange for discounts. My last commitments have gotten me free upgrades to a Hopper 3, wireless Joeys, upgraded wiring, and a 2 year $18 a month discount. All of it by asking. The key is getting to the right level of customer service folks. Sometimes its via the Dish a Internet Response Team. Other times it's choosing the option to disconnect service via telephone menu. I also shop the Direct folks who hang out at Sam's or Costco. Give Dish a chance to meet their offers and they've always come through. If you say nothing you get nothing. The deals are for the customers who ask and stay with Dish over the long rung. They know because when I call I always hear, wow you've been with us a long time.

Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been with Dish 18 years and had discovered that with longevity, deals are there if you ask. The key is giving them a commitment in exchange for discounts. My last commitments have gotten me free upgrades to a Hopper 3, wireless Joeys, upgraded wiring, and a 2 year $18 a month discount. All of it by asking. The key is getting to the right level of customer service folks. Sometimes its via the Dish a Internet Response Team. Other times it's choosing the option to disconnect service via telephone menu. I also shop the Direct folks who hang out at Sam's or Costco. Give Dish a chance to meet their offers and they've always come through. If you say nothing you get nothing. The deals are for the customers who ask and stay with Dish over the long rung. They know because when I call I always hear, wow you've been with us a long time.

Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ditto here on my end. I got up to $65.00 a month for a year last year. This year $40.00 off for 6 months and now I will be on the Flex pack two year price lock come November when I call back then. I have been doing this for the last 4 - 5 years . I simply do not want to pay inflated prices on programming and I really don't want to pay the over inflated fees that DISH has come up with . But, if I ever can't afford to stay with them and the discounts end or the price of the Flex pack becomes to high to afford, I will leave . But so far over the last 19 years -soon to be 20 come January, they have worked with me to keep my business, as they should ,because we are the customers and we have other choices and DISH knows it now.

i really didnt mean to start this thread, i guess i needed to vent, its just when i walked into att to return my samsung note 7 before it blows up, they just offered me a deal that made me think. and in the end i am still here....

Are you suggesting that DISH start selling defective Korean phones? Charlie, are you listening?

Reactions: Stormy_2021