After 18 months finally got pointed and hooked galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4sakntaln

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
Turns out I finally found out what I was doing wrong. I thought I was supposed to use and inclinometer and a 2x4 over the front of the dish to get the wrong angle. Then after watching a youtube video I've learned that was completely wrong I guess; or perhaps it's only for direct line of site dishes. But it doesn't work for offset dishes and just use the gauge on the back of the dish.

My wife thinks I'm silly and over kill but I like it. 300 hundred channels with just ten in english! lol. Can't wait to install the motor!

What do you guys like? Is there a better bird that galaxy 19. I don't need many channels as 19. Just some more with some more interesting stuff. Is there one always with wiild feeds running?

It took a few to finally lock it down. Each time I'd tighten something it seemed like something else would get a bit off and I'd pick up some of galaxy 19 and some of either the pentagon channel or the cctv. I thought it was cool that I could hit a little bit of two birds at once. Even though the quality is less than stellar. But Hey I only have a winegard ds2076 30 inch dish! Makes me consider more about putting another lnb on there and getting another bird...

But I can definitely understand this hobby!

Attachments

• 2014-07-11_22-25-59_597.jpg
    2014-07-11_22-25-59_597.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 2014-07-12_11-16-28_664.jpg
    2014-07-12_11-16-28_664.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 220
  • 2014-07-12_11-20-48_507.jpg
    2014-07-12_11-20-48_507.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 219
Congrats. Sure you can get more out of your dish setup with the motor.
Sure there are more birds up there on Ku, depending on what you like to watch.

I thought I was supposed to use and inclinometer and a 2x4 over the front of the dish to get the wrong angle
Directly, that works with a Prime focus dish. But with an offset you have to account for the offset. It's normally between 23 and 26 degrees above the perpendicular of the 'offset' dish face for the 'elevation'.
perhaps it's only for direct line of site dishes
You MUST have direct 'line of sight to receive the signal. So they are all 'direct line of sight'.
Is there one always with wiild feeds running?
Nope, they're 'all over the place. but 99, 91, 72 are usually 'hot' when something's 'up'.
Document Ch is one of my 'FAV's.
30 inch* dish is a bit small for more than one LNBF. 1 meter or greater is a lot better. Motorizing the 30 inch is a better choice.
*I have 2 30 inch 'commercial' dishes and 2nd LNBF performance isn't that great. And the minimum 'spread' was like 8 or 10 degrees. 91 and 101, 97 and 107 etc with the dish aimed half way between. (Both LNBF's offset from the focal point to 'equalize' losses) I went with a combo of fixed and one motorized. Farm-fall-13.jpg

If you do decide on a motor (highly recommended) then you will have to make sure that the mast/pole that the dish is mounted on is perfectly plumb/vertical/level. You will get much more enjoyment rather than being stuck to one sat.

Have fun.....

Well I finally put on my multi lnb bracket and played around until I hit 103w...Thinking I would get the NBC stuff... Well I got it. I think... I have
amc-1/19a embedded
nbc sd dvb-s
amc1/19c embedded
nbc sd dvb-s
ms4 ms 10 ms20 mstanley sd
microhd----this is a channel with the beach pier thingy

Says I get 15 channels in all!

Most show scrambled and the NBC ones are always color bars and test tone that I can see...Realized now that the NBC stuffs I wanted are on 72...my multilnb bracket isn't that big ha! Here though I cannot get the cozi tv...I had to skewe the opposite way that dishpointer.com is to get the NBC stuff...

Oh I do get some channel that has some sports on it...May be it was a waste of time to aim at this bird now unless something pops on on those NBC ones...

I was hoping that I would get enough overlap to pick up the pentagon channel on 101w but no joy there!

DS2076 winegard dish
cheapo wsi international lnb standard
X2 premium hd
diseqc 4 lnb switch (oh man this thing made life so easy) Now thinking about slapping a 3rd lnb up there to see what I can hook

Do the switches need to be protected from weather or can I slap them up near the dish so I only have one rg6 line coming from the roof?

Wife still thinks my new hobby is stupid..

The two sats I find interesting for wild feed hunting are at 91W and 99W. Do a blind scan when there is ANY news event going on and you will find some interesting feeds to check out. I

Got a problem with the nbc feeds. I realize the good ones at 11840 H 30000 . Well, all three of those nbc tps really. Same with the cozi tv... Signal stays constant at 80 but quality comes at 60 then drops to zero repeatedly. I've seen signal levels do this but never quality. I understand this can be a hard tp... But normally like I said usually when zeroing my dish quality moves slowly up and down. Never had one come in then out like that. I do not hav this problem for the other channels I had listed.

Another funny note. When I was setting up the lnbf outside with my stb and tv just a straight line and 15ft of rg6 I did NOT pick up this tp at all. But added a diseqc switch and 75 feet of line and 3 barrel connectors to put it inside my house now I can pick it up a little bit. Weird as can be huh.

wsi 0.1 standard lnbf
ds2076 dish
x2 premium

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts