After 4 Failed Receivers I just Canceled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
"We currently have our engineers working on our equipment because of the problems the 622's
have been having."

At least they acknowledged the problems some of the 622s are having after their last software updates.

good..do that...tell the person these words..."never underestimate the value of a phone call or return email".
The offer to come back under conditions. Ask for 6 months of free HD programming. Take three. That's a good deal. Make sure you get your 722. And try for a few other goodies. Maybe a premium movie service...

Sorry, I disagree. Just take what is fair to you. I think too many people ask for handouts which helps drive up the price for everyone.

Sorry, I disagree. Just take what is fair to you. I think too many people ask for handouts which helps drive up the price for everyone.

disagree all you like. But does this not appear as an extraordianry circumstance to you?
My reasoning for my suggestion is clear. This customer has been through hell and hasn't gotten an ounce of customer service. I don't look upon this as a handout. Rather, I consider the requests I suggested to be , concessions.
In other words of the cost of doing business.
Do not look upon this from an emotional position. This is strictly business.

I went through 6 622s in the first 2 months of having dish, so I know your pain. According to Dish's engineering team and the CEO exec resolution team, the refurbs are actually better tested units than the new ones - the new ones are vendors who ship them after a cursory test at the factory, but the refurb are put thru more extensive testing by a repair vendor that was set up by dish's engineering group to be sure refurbs don't come back. I found both to have issues, unfortunately. CEO email does get lost sometimes, and they also take up to a week to get back sometimes, but they do try to make things right in the end in my experience.

Well for me I'm 1 for 1 on a new 622 and 0 for 4 on the refurb. It's also ironic that these refurbs failed either immediately or within 12 hours so I'm not sure how much testing is done. The one I plugged in and it rebooted every 12 seconds was classic. Some were after the L449 downloaded but what I noticed the software onboard at delivery was L094.

Well I've been in contact with the Executive Office and they say they are sending out a new 722 overnight and I'm to call them when it arrives to activate. I only wish this happened before my frustration of 4 bad 622's and cancellation. The person I'm dealing with has been great though.

been there done it sucks to be you.

on one memorable day i had 4 non functional 721s finally traced to a inability to successfully download software on dish pro lnb.

went to a local dealer to buy a regular twin, they refused to sell it to me, then said 200 bucks.

drove across town 35 bucks got me back up, i ran new cables thru the doggies door, start of new season.

if every time they spooled flakey software 10% of their subs cancelled these troubles would end......

DISH customer service SUCKS! I've had many, many blood pressure rising issues with them. I can't wait until my contract expires and go back to D*. Everything was just so much easier with D*. Although when I switched to E* two years ago I thought D* was bad, but man o man did I really learn what bad is with E*.

Well I've been in contact with the Executive Office and they say they are sending out a new 722 overnight and I'm to call them when it arrives to activate. I only wish this happened before my frustration of 4 bad 622's and cancellation. The person I'm dealing with has been great though.

That's the right answer. Sorry you misunderstood a previous reply. I was never suggesting that you didn't deserve a brand new 722. In fact, I suggested that a couple of suggestions earlier.

I was disputing the 3 months free service issue, as that seemed a bit much to ask.

Well my new 722 arrived on Friday and is working so far flawlessly. Executive Branch took good care of me and I'm glad to be back with Dish and having a working receiver.

DISH customer service SUCKS! I've had many, many blood pressure rising issues with them. I can't wait until my contract expires and go back to D*. Everything was just so much easier with D*. Although when I switched to E* two years ago I thought D* was bad, but man o man did I really learn what bad is with E*.
Good luck with that. Don't you realize that both companies use the SAME customer service???

Funny Indian Customer Service

You say they never responded,

but

They do not work on Sundays and Mondays they are always over loaded with phone call volume so the email team does not answer a lot of the emails till the after noon.

You should of waited one more day.

"I have an email from the executive office stating that they wish they talked to me before I canceled that they would have sent me a new 722. Funny thing is I emailed them Sunday about receiver 3 failing and asked for help then. The subject was Please Help Me Get a Working 622. They never responded. "

I had a unit that worked fine for a year start spontaneously rebooting. 4 reman units later all did the same thing and a little investigation yields the power supply is overheating due to the new 449 software fan control code.

Fan not speed up when hot, cause overheat, lead to reboot and possible overheat damage.

Real solution E* realize the problem with 449 and fix code. Otherwise get new unit not reman and never let it overheat by blowing your own air at the power supply on left side.

Sounds like the issues I had with the 501 receivers. Replacement after replacement. I got very upset and I think I told them that I was a retailer and they finally transferred me to Sonya Cartright (when she was working for Dish Network she was a higher up in the company - she was on the Charlie Chats). She got me that new 501 receiver that I had demanded. I sold it after I got it and never looked back.

Dish Network definitely has their issues. Someone at Dish told me that it was their policy to replace with a new receiver on or after the third receiver after I talked to Sonya about it but before they told me they do not send out a new receiver once they do a replacement. It's like I was being called a liar or something.

I have had other people tell me that they had a receiver replaced over and over and I had that issue with a few of my customers. I about got fed up a few times with them and I don't blame people for switching providers. If I kept having the same problem I would do the same if I did not have more experience and knowledge about the hardware.

You say they never responded,

but

They do not work on Sundays and Mondays they are always over loaded with phone call volume so the email team does not answer a lot of the emails till the after noon.

You should of waited one more day.

"I have an email from the executive office stating that they wish they talked to me before I canceled that they would have sent me a new 722. Funny thing is I emailed them Sunday about receiver 3 failing and asked for help then. The subject was Please Help Me Get a Working 622. They never responded. "

I emailed on Sunday and didn't cancel until Wed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts