After 4 weeks I need a pro's advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do not have the Pansat 2700a but there is a way to add new satellites :)

comes with a program called channel master.... eek.... got a WHOLE lot of reading to do... I'm sure I can't do anything that a factory reset couldn't fix afterwards right? :)

Can also be done with the remote, if you have the manual time to crack it open and blow off the dust :)

I dont have my 2700 sitting in front of me, so these instructions might be a little off.
press menu> installation>edit tps / satellite
At the bottom of the list is NEW, select and then using the remote put in the sat name and a transponder (can be a dummy).
Hit exit, ok to save, and then your done ;-)

DrHydro is right but add the following transponder to your setup when adding IA8

11780 freq
H polarity
29000 symbol rate

That is active 24/7 and will help you in aiming for your true south (IA8)

I'm glad it's working for you, it is always nice to see another quality meter jumping up.

First of all I am no expert, so please take the following text as a suggestion if no one else has a better solution. I stand to be corrected anytime.

It is always better to aim at your true south first with your motor.
I haven't had to add birds, but If it is not possible on your receiver, you might be able to do the following:
On my receiver you can edit the existing birds, so you may be able to pick one that is out of range for you and rename it to IA8, change its position to 89 W.
Then edit one of the transponders to the the settings that PSB sugested:

TP. on IA-8 (listed on lyngsat) to use seems to be.....

DFreq. 11780

SR. 29000

Pol. H

This will be only to create a reference for your motor. Once you get good quality on you true south reference bird, the motor does the rest.
If you aim it to a different bird with the motor set at 0, I don't think the motor will follow the arc properly.
Anyways, there isn't much on IA8, so no big loss, but it should be the reference point for the motor as it calculates the position of all other birds based on it.

Once again, this is just an alternate solution, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a much better solution.

Good luck!

AWESOME!! Thanks a lot..... I shouldn't have read this now (supposed to take my wife out for dinner and a show for valentines) as I want to hand her the frs radio and get on the roof while it's still daylight....

just added IA-8... TOO EASY... Thanks for the guidance... I'm getting 72 strength with 42 quality... still have to venture up on the roof (-23c with the wind chill today)... maybe friday I'll do some tweaking up there.

If you move your motor using USALS, you don't have to worry about your true south...

Just tell the receiver (in the satellite setup dialog) where you are (your latitude and longitude in the USALS setup screen), and the receiver will move the motor the appropriate degrees east or west from true south, given your location, to hit any given satellite.

From there, you can fine-tune azimuth and dish elevation (motor elevation should always be set to your latitude).

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/HH-mount-installation.htm

But Tron...
I would think that by setting the motor at 0 and then manually move the assembly to be in true alignment with IA-8 then the movement of the motor utilizing USALS (which I use now) will be able to hit all birds properly... right now g10r comes in at 40% strength and 5% quality whereas nimiq is bang on at 90% quality. I want to dump one of my bell dishes and run my 5900 PVR off of my invacom quad lnbf... gotta clean up the roof.... got my orders from the "home police" (should tell her that I'm picking up a BUD too.... heehee

serendipity1969 said:
But Tron...
I would think that by setting the motor at 0 and then manually move the assembly to be in true alignment with IA-8 then the movement of the motor utilizing USALS (which I use now) will be able to hit all birds properly...
Set the motor at zero and then use the receiver to point the motor (via USALS) to IA-8. Once the motor moves, you can then fine-tune the assembly azimuth and dish elevation. If IA-8 is near your true south, the motor won't move much from '0'. For example, my TS is 91w (either Galaxy 11 on FSS or Nimiq 1/3 on DBS). I'm at 90.1w (New Orleans). So I set my motor at '0', tell the receiver to go to either satellite at 91w (which are set up via USALS). The motor moves less than a degree. Then I can do my tweaking of motor/dish assembly.

I could just as easily tell it to move to, say, AMC4 at 101w. It would move a few degrees from zero, then I could align my dish on that bird. With USALS, it doesn't have to be your TS satellite, but the closer to TS, the better, since any error will be less severe across the entire arc.

fortunately for me IA-8 is bang on 100% my TS. So if I set my motor on 0 and move the assembly juuuuuuust enough to bring the bird in as well as possible (currently with USALS movement it is coming in at roughly 60% strength and 36% quality). then the best arc will be achieved. right?

If you're exactly bang-on with the satellite directly south of you, theoretically you shouldn't have to tell the motor to move to it before alignment. It never hurts to have the receiver move the motor first anyway, taking into account magnetic deviation, etc. Just a little bump of movement can make a WORLD of difference in your quality across the arc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts