*After Earth* Official Trailer #1 (2013) [HD]

‘After Earth’ trailer premiere shows Will Smith passing the action hero torch to his son Jaden

‘After Earth’ trailer premiere shows Will Smith passing the action hero torch to his son Jaden

By Matt McDaniel | Movie Talk – 9 hours ago... [video]http://movies.yahoo.com/video/earth-trailer-1-170245149.html[/video]
Jaden Smith has already followed his father Will's footsteps in the fields of both acting and rapping, so it's about time the younger Smith take up the other family business: saving the world.

In the first trailer for "After Earth," premiering exclusively here on Yahoo! Movies, the 14-year-old Jaden reteams with Will for the second time as an on-screen father and son pair (after 2006's "The Pursuit of Happyness"). But unlike their first family drama -- and Jaden's breakout turn in the remake of "The Karate Kid" — this movie is a special-effects heavy, sci-fi spectacle. And it looks like Will is passing the action hero torch over to his son, both on and off camera.

In "After Earth," Will Smith plays Cypher Raige, a military leader traveling through space with his teenage son Kitai (Jaden Smith) when their ship crashes onto our planet, 1,000 years after humanity was forced to abandon it. With Cypher incapacitated in the wreck, it's up to Kitai to venture alone into the unfamiliar and dangerous landscape to look for some hope of rescue.

Jaden Smith in 'After Earth' (Photo: Columbia Pictures)

I was able to ask Jaden a few questions via about his first time experience as a true action star. I asked how much of a physical challenge this movie was in comparison to his last lead role in "The Karate Kid." Jaden answered, "It was not as physically demanding as Karate Kid because I didn't have to do all the stretching, but it was still pretty hard because I had to put on quite a bit of size." You can see in the trailer that not only has Jaden grown several inches since "Karate Kid" in 2010, he's also bulked up quite a bit.

In addition to the big action shots in the teaser, there are also some more emotional moments between father and son. I asked Jaden which was tougher to shoot, the stunts or the drama. He answered, "The dramatic moments, because you always want to make sure those are perfect and they're the most impacting moments of the whole movie."

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan, "After Earth" lands in theaters on June 7.

Please combine both threads together I posted it then saw it was already posted I am sorry :)

I will probably see it even with the somewhat lame trailer. I just hope it is more than just a kid trying to make his way across the jungle with everything trying to kill him movie.

AFTER EARTH - Official Trailer #2

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts